»

Monday, November 05, 2007

Sometimes...

...I read a book last night about a mission trip gone wrong.

...I read about a toddler who's body washed up on a beach, and no one knows why, how, or who.

...I read about a veteran of our current war, hospitalized and waiting to see his family...only to receive word that his three children were killed on that trip in an auto accident, leaving only his grieving and overwhelmed wife.

...I hear more about war than I want to know.

...I hear more about recalled products than I want to know.

...I hear more about church squabbles than I want to know.

...I hear more about fires, earthquakes, diseases, and violence than I want to know.

...I hear more about political battles and immoral laws than I want to know.

....and I pray, "Lord Jesus, is it time to come home yet?"

...

Deena

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Well I am still here so I take it the answer was NO. :( Sad. But soon girl. Hold on,soon!