»

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Another Verbal Faux Paux...

Photobucket


Time to press the old panic button again! Opened my mouth and out came something I didn't mean, expressed in the wrong way, and the moment to correct it was lost.

So, all of you have to endure my explanation, which I hope you will find as cool beans as I do:-)

A sister in Christ had asked for prayer at last month's Bible study (yes, we meet once a month for women's Bible study...that's an entire other subject...I'm working on it!), and my sister in law took that request especially to heart.

My sister (in law) had let me know before she left to return home that she was going to make it a point to pray for the hurting sister. She really connected with her request and the events surrounding it.

So, at Bible study, I let this sister know about that conversation, so she would know of the Spirit connection that was made that day. But what I said was "She's going to pray for you in this area, even if you don't need it!"

What I MEANT was "she will pray for you so faithfully, that even when God delivers you in that area, the prayer won't stop."

What God whispered to me while my face turned red and I felt stupid was this:

Even if we continue to pray for a need, and the need is met, and we continue to pray...He applies our soothing balm of healing prayer to another hurting area in the person's life. He knows our needs better than we do...and we may be praying in sincerity and in fervency for an area that has been healed...

But He won't waste a drop. Ain't that cool?? I thought so.

I hope you did too. Despite my faux paux...once again:-0

I'm just sayin'...

Deena

3 comments:

Denise said...

I understand what you are saying, bless you.

Denise said...

Come play, I have tagged you.

Unknown said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing!