»

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Simplify

I'm reading a clever book by author Paul Borthwick called "Simplify".

Photobucket


He has a lot of thoughtful, "chew on this" material for me, and I thought I'd share something from it with you.

"This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him," Deuteronomy 30:19-20.

What I'm realizing through reading this book is that those verses read more like this for me:

"This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against me that I have set before myself life and death, blessings and curses. Now I choose life, so that I and my children may have stuff and enjoy life and that I may like the Lord but love Wal-mart, drown out His voice in my life with iPods and DVDs and books, and hold fast to whatever the new fancy or fad is in my life today," Deena 372:1-3.

Which version sounds a chord for you?

If you want to know more about the book, click here.

I'm just sayin...

Deena

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing this.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I have come to realize that when life becomes too full it is because I am trying to drown out His voice.
Sounds like a good book.