»

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Do You Have Your Helmet On?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This past Sunday, our pastor finished a gorgeous sermon series on "Victorious Christian Living". We were in Ephesians, chapter six, examining the full armor of God.

Concerning the helmet of salvation, Pastor Dave asked the question: "Do you have your helmet on?" He continued, "And is it slammed down tight?"

Now, Brad Stine has his take on those phrases, but that wasn't what Pastor Dave was referring to!

The enemy will attack our minds, filling them with doubts and deceptions. We must know and take hold of the knowledge that once we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and our Savior (i.e., are born again, saved, accepted salvation)...we are secure in Him.

No matter what the evil one uses to condemn us, we can say, "I have my helmet on. I know I'm safe and secure in the blood of Christ."

No matter how the evil one tries to deceive us, we can say, "I have my helmet on. I know what the Bible says about Jesus as God's Son, His sacrifice for me, and I know I'm safe and secure in the blood of Christ."

No matter how the evil one tries to torment us with fears and worries, we can say, "I have my helmet on. I know God will never leave me or forsake me, and I know He holds all of my days in His hands; I'm safe and secure in the blood of Christ."

So, I had to ask myself, "Do I have my helmet on?" Because I had one. I just had to put it on. And to keep it on, no matter how the storms raged, the wind blew, or the waves tossed me.

I ask you, in love, do you have your helmet on?

Do you even HAVE a helmet?

If you don't, email me and ask me how to know you're certain to go to Heaven, to be forgiven.

If you do, then put it on...and I say this with all love...and slam it down tight!

Be blessed and be a blessing!

Deena

2 comments:

Denise said...

My helmet is slammed down tightly my friend, love you.

Sharon Brumfield said...

On and down so tight that it is covering my eyes--walking by faith. :)