»

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Little Talk With God...

"God?"

"Yes, My Daughter?"

"Life hurts."

"Yes, it does."

"Well, I'm tired of hurting. Could you do something about it?"

"What would you like Me to do?"

"Couldn't you cover me in, oh, I don't know...something like a cross between bubble wrap and a feather quilt? You know, so those harsh words people throw at you don't sting...and the loss of dreams doesn't pierce so much...and the loss of people is muffled so it isn't so loud...something like that?"

"You mean, insulate you?"

"Yeah, insulate me, God! Would You please?"

"As you wish, My Daughter."

**moments of silence**

"Um, God?"

"Yes, Daughter?"

"Are You still there?"

"Of course I Am. Why do you ask?"

"Uh...I can't really feel You anymore. In fact, I really can't feel much of anything. I can't hear very well...and it's hot in here!"

"Anything else?"

"Yes...when the fiery darts hit the bubbles, they pop, and that scares me."

"Would you like me to remove your insulation?"

"Yes, please." **More silence** "Now, God...how can I be protected from life's hurts? I'm so tired of hurting."

"Have you been wearing your armor?"

"Armor?" **silence** "Well, not exactly."

"That is what I've provided for your protection. Maybe you ought to put it on."

"I suppose so. But won't I still get hurt? I mean, armor = battle...right?"

"Yes, you're right. But think of the victory you'll have!"

"All right, God." **sounds of clinking** "How do I look?"

"Like a daughter of the King. Now, don't forget your shield."

"Yes, God. And You'll stay with me, right?"

"I'll never leave you alone."

And I'm back in the battle once again.

Be blessed, and be a blessing!

Deena

3 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good post and nice to have ya back in the land of the bloggers.
I have so experienced just what this post was about. Matter of fact I am living with what I would like to be insulated from. No I am not talking about my husband. :)
But God is faithful and He is teaching me to raise my shield. Life does hurt and aggravate--but He is faithful.
Welcome back.

TaunaLen said...

Wow, I needed this one. Thank you. And thank you, too for the birthday wishes. I am so blessed to have you to celebrate this milestone with me. And, yes, you can be bossy, I won't complain! LOL.

~TaunaLen

Anonymous said...

Wow... God has given you such a gift to reach people just when and how they need it. Keep up His good work Sis....Love you Bunches