»

Thursday, September 06, 2007

From Drudgery To Divine!

Your Superpower Should Be Mind Reading

You are brilliant, insightful, and intuitive.
You understand people better than they would like to be understood.
Highly sensitive, you are good at putting together seemingly irrelevant details.
You figure out what's going on before anyone knows that anything is going on!

Why you would be a good superhero: You don't care what people think, and you'd do whatever needed to be done

Your biggest problem as a superhero: Feeling even more isolated than you do now


Sometimes, as a mom, I wish I had a super power. It is so hard in life keeping up with all I have to do. In fact, I told someone at Bible study last night I have so much to do I'll never die!

With life being so overloaded, it's hard to keep my focus where it should be. But Pastor Dave gave me a key to a heavenly treasure...I just need to use it.

He spoke on Sunday about Ephesians 6:5-9. Not about slaves so much, but more about all of life and being under authority in general. He said that if we do all that we do as if we're doing it for God, that will change how we do it.

For the mom wiping her baby's bottom for the 100th time that day...you're serving your child in Christ's name...and great is your reward.

For the daughter who is asked to do the dishes so Mom can work on other things...you're serving your mom in Christ's name...and great is your reward.

For the wife who's washing her 13th load of towels and wondering who's taking all those showers...you're serving your family in Christ's name...and great is your reward.

We tend to divide our lives up into 'This is what I do for God' and 'This is what I do for everyone else. But as believers, everything we do is done for God...we just need to realize that and live it...for it is so.

While I would love to have superpowers...I do have a super power...the power of God lives within me, enabling me to do all things in His name. I just have to remember that.

Be blessed and be a blessing...in Jesus' name!

Deena

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Remembering it is the key. When I start to get ticked I have to remind myself that I am not doing what I am doing for thankless, aggravating people. I am doing it for Him. And He sees and remembers everything.
He's good that way.