»

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I've picked up a bad habit. Of course, it's only been a couple of days. But I can sense it's here to stay.

I buy McDonald's coffee on my way to work.

I'm too cheap for Starbucks every day, but I have to have my coffee...it's the only way I can drink my coffee creamers:-)

But I don't like the way they fix it. They don't put enough cream or sugar, no matter how I tell them I want it. And they insist on putting the cream and sugar in for me...Hey, it's MY coffee. I like to have control over how my brew turns out.

What I'm finding is a lot of people are getting that way with God. They want to pick and choose what they believe about Him, discarding what they don't like and adding what they want.

I mean, how many "new" gospels have been uncovered lately? How many new "religious" books are on the best sellers list that have no business in the hands of believers?

Note that they are called "religious" books and not necessarily "Christian" books.

But God isn't like our morning coffee.

We can't make Him weaker or stronger to suit us. He just is...strong.

Omni-strong.

We can't flavor Him to suit our taste. We can just taste and see that He is good.

Omni-good.

We can't heat Him up or ice Him down. We just have to realize He is a consuming fire.

Omni-hot.

And we really shouldn't treat Him like He's nothing more than a drive-thru window...stopping by on our way to our plans for a quick blessing. He's always there, in good times and in bad, when we're obedient and when we're...not.

Omni-present.

So, while I may continue to buy my McDonald's coffee on my way to work, and to fix it the way I like it...

I won't try to fix God. Imagine...a God made in MY image...now THAT'S a scary thought!

I think I need some coffee...

Be blessed, and be a blessing!

Deena

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good thoughts girl.
Heaven forbid He ever gave in and bowed down to me. I am thankful that He is the one "person" I can count on not giving in to my will.
I love Him so. Just when I feel like I have reached the end He gives out a little more grace.
I am with you on the coffee-that is one thing I know how I like it and it is best left to me.