»

Monday, September 10, 2007

Something's Missing...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My husband did a real "husbandly" thing...he put a new shower head up for me. He took it for a test run. Then he invited me to try it out for myself.

All this time, I just thought we had really lousy water pressure! Turns out, the old shower head was so clogged with gunk from our water that the line was cracking and most of the little holes in the shower head were blocked off.

What a difference! I enjoy showers again...and I feel clean now when I take one:-)

That, as usual, makes me think about my life. How much of it do I think is just normal, when in reality something spiritually has clogged up? What am I just settling for, not realizing how much better it could be?

You've heard people say it...maybe you've said it as well. I know I have. "Well, you know...that's just life." What if........that's a lie??

There's only one way to know. Allow God to replace my head...spiritually speaking of course:-) I think Scripture actually talks about this...it's called putting on the mind of Christ.

I don't know about you, but that sounds like a lot of work. I had actually suspected our old shower head was the problem...but it seemed like such a job, and I didn't want to trouble my husband...so I just dealt with it.

Ironically, it took longer to purchase the new one than it took him to install it. Talk about a "Duh!" moment for me!! So, how much work would it REALLY take to begin to think like Jesus thought...and still thinks today??

A few minutes in God's word each day? Some time in prayer to the Father? Immersing myself in the things of God instead of the things of the world??

I won't really know until I ask God to "replace my head, please". And I'm rather attached to it...so I don't really want to give it up...my head, that is. I like my mind. I've made it up so many times that it is comfy cozy, thank you very much!

And yet, some thing's missing in my life. Has been for some time. Feels kinda blah and joyless...unless I hold it at just the right angle...then I can get something going that's good.

Kind of like that old shower head. Got the best stream of water when the hose wasn't crimped and the nozzle was twisted just. that. way. Ahh, that's better...no, wait...oh, well. It was nice while it lasted:-)

So, I'm thinking about asking God to replace my head...again, spiritually speaking. To see if the flow of His Spirit will be better, richer, and more forceful. Because lately I've been feeling rather dry and crusty (in my soul, people...sheesh!), and nothing I've tried seems to work.

How about you??

Be blessed, and be a blessing!

Deena

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I have been a little quiet because I would have liked to have had my head replaced--migraine time of year.
I was just talking on another post about wanting to have just replace my head instead of renewing it.
The new one would be so much easier.
I am having a hard time getting into the Beth Moore devotional. Don't know if it is where i am at the moment or if it is just too light. I am going to keep going for another week before I give up.
How are you doing on it?
Or have you started it?
I have been wondering lately if I have anything clogged.
I need an new refueled heart.