»

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quick Update...

...on my situation.

I went to the emergency room last night in severe pain. They gave me an extra strength pain shot, and diagnosed it as sciatica. My left sciatic nerve is severely inflamed, which (dr. said) is common for back surgery patients.

I go to my regular dr. today to see if I can get a shot of analgesic pain reliever in my left hip. Until then, can't drive or do much of anything because of the meds I'm on.

Which means I can't work, can't drive my kids to school...and going to church will be a REAL adventure:-)

Even now, sitting here as I type this, I'm in pain. It's bearable because I know I have medication to take. But I couldn't stay like this for very long before it would drive me crazy.

Thank you for your prayers yesterday. While my visit to the er wasn't pleasant, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Only a 4 hour visit and some relief!! (For those who live in the Marysville area, you get my point, I'm sure!!)

Please continue to pray. This pain is getting on my last nerve...literally!

Be blessed and be a blessing!

Deena

3 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

How did your visit go today?
I had problems with my sciatica when I was pregnant--it was painful.I am so sorry you are having such pain.
I do have a little something for you over at my blog.
Wen you get around to it it will be there. :)

Nise' said...

Will keep you in my prayers I suffer on and off with sciatica and can sympathize! Lay down as much as you can! I know it is easier said then done!

TaunaLen said...

Hey sweetie! Something up with my GoogleReader. Either it's not sending me your updates, or I've been hitting the "Mark All as Read" button instead of the "Refresh" button. (Hate when that happens.) I miss you, and was praying for you in the shower last night. (I still like to pray in the shower, when I'm ALONE, even now when my kids are older and don't follow me into the toilet asking for a drink of water or a cookie.) Feel better, my friend! Sorry I've been so quiet.

~TaunaLen