»

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Brief Thought, Laughs Below...

Photobucket


In Bible study we talked about David as a young boy, tending his father's sheep. We talked about how, out of the entire army at King Saul's disposal, David was the only one willing to fight Goliath, and he was a civilian.

Remember how King Saul tried to dress David in his armor? David tried it on, then refused it, saying it was too cumbersome and he would not be able to do what he was called to do while wearing the king's armor.

My thought is this:

Who's armor are we trying to wear, and is it helping or hindering us in fulfilling God's call on our lives?

I know I'm guilty of picking up stray pieces of other people's "armor", trying to make them fit me and then wondering why I feel so awkward and uncomfortable, so ineffective and insufficient.

Maybe it's because I need to put on my OWN armor (see Ephesians for more) and do my OWN thing according to God's will, and stop trying to be like everybody else.

So, who's armor are you trying to wear? And isn't it about time you took it off and let God make you who HE wants you to be?

I'm just sayin....

Be blessed!

Deena

4 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, preach it sista!!

Unknown said...

Awesome post! And very, very true. People often try to do and be like others. We all need to do and be what God called us to, and stop trying to walk in someone else's armor!
Very timely post!
Blessings!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Girl you are right on here!A ways back I did a similar post.I think most of the church is wearing someone else's armor.
For years I wore my parents armor. And the the "Bible study teachers" armor.
Now I just want Him to make sure I have my own on the way it should be worn.

Kathy said...

Hi Deena, just came across your blog and I like it! Thanks for sharing!