»

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Standing In The Gap...

Today, I saw my general practitioner (i.e., regular doctor). I told him all that had been going on for me since August, and told him exactly how I was feeling.

Now, my doctor is a Christian, and he knows I'm a Christian. So, instead of a prescription for pills, he prescribed Scripture. Instead of medicating my fears, he spoke against them. And instead of predicting the outcome, he pointed my eyes to the One who holds every outcome.

And he encouraged me to lean on my prayer warriors, those who stand in the gap for me. But to know my strength comes from the One to whom we all pray.

I won't say I'm not at all fearless now...but I fear less. No matter the ultimate outcome...no matter if I have to one day say, "I have breast cancer"...I will look to the hills from where my help comes from...and I will cry out to God.

I'm still waiting for results from the last mammogram, and will most likely have an ultrasound or a biopsy done. Please, continue to pray for me. I have my strong moments, but I still have my weak ones as well.

Many thanks, and be blessed.

Deena

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am here!!
I am praying!
Be still your heart as it rests in His hands.