»

Sunday, August 26, 2007

My So-Called Cluttered Life....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That's what I've been trying to do lately. I do a lot of things. And I do some things pretty well. But not anymore it seems.

And in a discussion with my husband, he said it has been a long, long time since he has seen me happy. I said, "Oh, but I'm happy when (fill in the blank) happens." And he said, "No, not anymore, you're not."

That pierced my heart. He's right. I'm not happy. My joy has evaporated...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


When I began Wholly Devoted, it was originally an extension of our women's fellowship. Then, God stepped in and took it an entirely different direction. I still remember my first comment from someone I only knew through bloggyland (Hi, Nise'!). It was then I realized, "Hey, I have an audience!"

And it has been a wild ride that I have thoroughly enjoyed.

But lately, as I examine my life, I realize that it is cluttered. My house is cluttered with things I don't have time to deal with...my mind is cluttered with things I don't have time to deal with...and my spiritual life is cluttered with both things I don't have time to deal with and things I don't WANT to deal with!

And I'm suffering all the way around. It has been a very long time since I have felt this discouraged. And it has to change.

So, I'm going on blog sabbatical. I don't know if or when Wholly Devoted will continue. To those who have listed me in their blogroll or have subscribed to a feed here...thank you! I will be re-posting some of my favorite blogs...kind of strolling down memory lane...until I have a clear word from God that I am to continue.

My real heart is at my book review blog, A Peek At My Bookshelf. So, I'll be there from time to time, but also--not as much as I have been. That's a commitment I've taken on, and I have been given books to review and it's a service to my author friends.

As for Junk in the Trunk, swing by for an occasional laugh or two. At least the cartoon will change frequently:-) But I have to spend some time getting to the heart of the matter, because, ultimately...

It's all about Him.

It's all about eternity.

So, thanks for hanging in there with me, and I hope you've gotten something from my wordiness. I have gotten a lot from your comments...and your prayers have been so appreciated!

Oh, and our situation with our sister (in-law) is still an issue we need your prayers in. She faces some heavy things this week, and her heart is bruised and hurting. We want more than just a good outcome...we want God's outcome:-)

Be blessed, and be a blessing!

Deena

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Let Him get it right girl. Let Him fill you till your little soul wants no more. Drink deeply from the living water so that our of you will flow rivers of living water.
I have developed a love for you :)--even with your ups and downs. ;) Those hormones can be heck!
I will think of you often and try to remember to pray when God brings you to mind.
Come visit when you get a chance. Let me know if and when you get back.
Email me if you want and I will pray.
Your sis
Love ya girl

Nise' said...

Deena, you got it right girl..listening to the Father and allowing Him to declutter where clutter is beginning to pile up. I will miss you my friend, my sister in Christ, my first commentor and I will pray.