»

Monday, August 13, 2007

What a "Nice" Surprise!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My dear blogging friend Sharon at "Sit With Me Awhile" awarded this to me over the weekend. I'm both humbled and blessed that she thought of me. Here's the description of this award:

"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to others who you feel are deserving of this award."

I have to share a little about Sharon: we've been bloggy friends for several months now, and she and I are two peas in a pod! I'm so blessed to have such an encourager in my corner, and she tells it to me straight up, coated in love and God's grace, and let's me know I'm never alone in how I feel or what I'm going through.

If I had to pick one thing to love about her, it would be hard...but it would be this: she always points me to Jesus in every conversation or email we share. And that is SO gorgeous!!

I have so many friends in the blogosphere that I find more than just nice...I find them to be such Godly women, and works in progress just like me:

Denise at Shortybear's Place
Nise' at Thus Far
Taunalen at Taunalen
Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee
Heather at Desperately Seeking Sanity

These five women come to mind immediately, as they have been a source of encouragement when tears wouldn't stop, the heart ache nearly crushed me, or I just got lost and couldn't find my way.

And to my non-bloggy friends, but who's hugs and words of wisdom bless me equally as much:

Belinda
Brenda
Bridget (hey, I'm noticing a trend here:-)
Veronica
Kendra (a new buddy)
Ann
Patty (my new mom---looonnnggg story)
Toni
Glenda

And so many more...

Any woman who thinks she can do it all and hold it all together and all by herself...well, she's a fool. I do what I do because I'm privileged to be in so great a company of women. And I'm so thankful...

Be blessed, and be a blessing!

Deena

4 comments:

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

You never cease to amaze me.. when I need the encouragement, you give it to me... and I don't even ask!

You are very deserving... :)

And I thank you.... :)

TaunaLen said...

You are so sweet. I've been thinking of you lately, and praying. I've also been praying, and then reminding God that in a while, Deena will be praying for me too. Be sure and listen close. I know God never get's distracted, but I feel so good knowing I'm not the only one praying. It gives me hope and takes a load off of my heart. Thank you for bearing my burdens, and for trusting me to bear yours, too.
I love you, my sister and friend.

~TaunaLen

Nise' said...

You just down right bless me my friend! I am so honored to call you not only a friend but a sister in Christ! Thank you!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Sniff, Sniff--are you sure you are not talking about someone else?
You are toooooooo sweet!
I'm not a fool--I know I need ya'll. :)

Love ya girl