»

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thankful Thursday--I'm Richly Blessed!




I skipped TT last week due to computer issues and trying to spend less time OFF the computer...and have had a lot of fun with my family and friends. But I had to pop by this week to share what I'm thankful for:

1) I'm thankful for all of the new families who've been coming to our church. We've grown from 30 to nearly 60 people, basically from one Sunday to the next. I'm praying they choose to make our church their home church.

2) I'm thankful for our Wednesday evening study. Last night we discussed being filled with the Holy Spirit and letting Him control every aspect of our lives, and I saw so much I had been missing. I'm praying I remember what I've learned and put it into daily practice.

3) I'm thankful for God's provision for our family. Some would say I stumbled upon opportunities...I say God led me to them, and made a way for them. I'm praying that I'll be responsible with these blessings and not fritter them away.

4) I'm thankful for my children...two teens and a "thinks she's almost an adult". They test me, try me, and stress me OUT, but they are mine. Wouldn't have it any other way. They make me laugh, cry, and teach me something every day...I'm praying I teach them something as well.

5) I'm thankful for my husband. He tells me constantly how special I am and how beautiful I am and that I am and always will be the only woman for him. I'm praying I can live up to that! And that I will be able to accept his words without self-doubt creeping in.

Now, what are YOU thankful for?? You can share it here, in a comment, or you can go to Sting My Heart and link your blog post to the Thankful Thursday Chain...

Be blessed and be a blessing!

Deena

8 comments:

Nise' said...

How wonderful that your church is growing! I pray those that visit will feel like they have come home! I can so relate to #4.

Proverbs 31 Woman Wannabe said...

I'm glad your church is growing! You are so blessed to have a husband tell you such nice things. :)

Ella said...

I'm glad your church is growing, that is only the work of a mighty God.

I loved your list.

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Lovely things to be thankful for. May God continue to cause your church to grow and may He continue to bless your marriage with kindness...

Denise said...

What an awesome thankful list my friend, love you.

Melissa Sheldon said...

What a great list. It is wonderful that your church is growing. God is good!

Aunt Angie said...

I enjoyed reading your thankful list so much...and can so relate on much of it. Number four---my goodness....am so there...so often!
But love them with all my heart. Church growth is awesome! Praise God!!!
Bless you for sharing!!

Susanne said...

Great list!! Thanks for sharing. It's awesome to hear about a church growing and impacting lives for Jesus!! Your thankfulness for your husband and teenage children (not there quite yet...mine are 7,5,3) truly blessed me as well. Have a terrific day!