»

Friday, October 19, 2007

Fakey-Shakey Heart!






Did you know you can fake the peace that passes all understanding?

No?

Well, you can. I've done it.

And I've found two ways that I'm really, really good at it.






One is the "suck it up" syndrome. You know, the one where you have a problem and you decide you're just gonna "suck it up", stiff upper lip it, and grin and bear it.

That's one way to do it.

The other is more insidious (i.e., dangerous).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That's the sleight of hand trick. Being strong in one area when you're quaking in your boots over another area.

Now, my Jesus doesn't tell me anywhere in Scripture that I have to "suck it up" and be a big girl...no, He does not.

And He doesn't like it when I play tricks with my fears either. Acting like a tower of faith on one hand when the other is trembling with the possibilities of "What if?"

Nope, He wants it all--lock, stock and barrel--cast upon Him. When He tells me, "Fear not" it's because He already knows I'm afraid. And He can handle it for me.

So, yup...I'm a little shaken (not stirred!) over in this corner of the blogosphere over my latest doc report. Had the back surgery down cold, but this other thing...well, it has me knotted up.

I'm working on letting it go and letting God have it. Trouble is, I want to know what He's going to do with it, and that ain't in Scripture either...so I need to quit peeking over His mighty shoulder and let Him hold me for awhile.

Not an easy thing for a gal like me to do.

But I'm trying. You try too, okay?? There's room in His mighty arms and lap for the both of us, and I wouldn't mind the company one bit!

Be blessed, and be a blessing!

Deena

3 comments:

Nise' said...

You are so right it is not an easy thing to do! I will be praying for you as you place your trust in Him and wait for Him to reveal what's going on (and no peeking). You are precious in His sight and He has it all worked out down to the minute detail. Rest in His mighty arms.

I went many times with my friend to get the shot that hurt more than the pain she was in at times but it ended up being worth it in the long run. I cried just as much for her cause I could see it was not fun!

Daisy said...

Yup. I'm a Hoover.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I could bring my broom and dust pan if need be--I am pretty good with it.:)