»

Saturday, October 06, 2007

You Gotta Do Your Part!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Today at Bible study we talked about trust. We talked about seeking to have that quiet spirit that we read about in I Peter 3:4. (Ironically, the daily verse at Biblegateway.com today is “Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.”- Isaiah 26:4).

I shared that we don't trust God because we don't really know Him. We don't fully comprehend His love for us, and how much He longs to do for us and through us and on our behalf.

But there's actually another reason I find that I don't trust God. One that didn't hit me until I was on my way home.

And it's this: I don't trust Him because I know I haven't done my part.

Sometimes we're simply to wait upon Him. But sometimes He calls us to do a particular task, and we haven't done it.

For instance, my husband is a pastor. If He asked God to give Him the message He had for the church tomorrow morning, but never cracked open his Bible all week...what would that say?

Or if I ask God to make my financial ends meet, but keep going on spending sprees at the books store:-), what does that say...so then I take matters into my own hands, feeling like He can't or won't do it...when He's trying to get me to stay in the lines.

So, it's a dual thing. And they are polar opposites. One, we don't trust because we don't want to lose control. Two, we don't trust because we're out of His control...and I don't know about you, but I can swing from one pole to the other with the greatest of ease:-)

I need to trust God with my life, but I also need to do my part. And I need to trust Him to show me what my part is, to do it, and then to rest in Him for the rest.

Sounds so simple, but seems so complicated.

Food for thought.

Be blessed and be a blessing!

Deena

3 comments:

Pastor Dave said...

Wow.

I am truly blessed to be married to you. Thank you for sharing what God is doing in your life, even when it is not easy.

Trusting God. Sounds so easy. Truth is, it is easy. Just that we make it so hard.

Love you babe.
Dave

Sharon Brumfield said...

Yes, we make it hard.
I have had a long road with the trust issue.
When I learned to trust Him--I began to trust others with myself.
It was a long, long road for me.
That we might know Him and the power of His might.

Daisy said...

Food for thought, indeed! Very tasty!