»

Thursday, October 04, 2007

God Just Knew I Needed A Boost...

God knew I was feeling kinda low these days...and He had three ladies bless me with blogging honors...I already posted about the other two here.

And then I received an email tonight from Heather at Desperately Seeking Sanity, letting me know she selected me for this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here's what she said about me: "This woman is amazing! I don’t know her personally, only through her blogs, but I relate to her in so many ways. And she encourages me on a daily basis."

I'm amazed. Simply amazed.

And lately, I've felt anything BUT amazing. But I'll blog about that later.

In the spirit of this award, the rules are simple. Winners of this award must pick five other “disciples” to pass it on to. As you pass it on, mention and provide links for:

(1) Dan King of Management by God as the originator of the award.

(2) The person that awarded it to you.

(3) Name and sites of the five that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ.

Now, I'm supposed to pick 5 bloggers out of the many, many who lift me up and encourage me?? That's going to take some time, and I never have played by man's rules:-) Only God's!!

So, in no particular order...

1) Nise' at Thus Far The Lord Has Helped Me

2) Sharon at Sit With Me Awhile

3) Denise at Shortybear's Place

4) Taunalen at Taunalen

5) Denise, Diann, Colleen, and Kristen at Girls Write Out

6) All the wonderful chick-lit writers at Faithchick

And so many, many more. Thanks for lifting me up where I belong...and being the wind beneath my wings...and seeing the best part of me...and all of those other cliches that really don't express adequately what is in my heart.

You give me the gift of letting me be...well, me. And finding Jesus in the being of me...and that is cool. You help me learn to be real.

Be blessed and be a blessing!

Deena

7 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you dear friend, I appreciate you so much. Congrats on your award, you are so deserving. I am glad you are in the world.

Diann Hunt said...

Deena, you are so sweet!! YOUR responses to our blog ALWAYS encourage and uplift me!! You have the gift of enouragement, girlfriend!! I can't think of anyone better deserving of the award than you!

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

you are the best! keep being you!!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Thank you sweet thing.
It is cool to have hung with some of the girls that I have been with since I started blogging.
You and Nise has been with me since the beginning. So awards from ya'll are special.
Thank you girl.
Way to hold on.

TaunaLen said...

Deena,

Thank you so much. I've missed your comments and silliness lately, and have been praying that all is well. I'm still having some trouble with my feed, but I check in as often as I can. You bless me in so many ways. I'm flattered, and it sort of pushes me to be more encouraging. Thanks for that, too.

Hugs,

~TaunaLen

Kristin said...

Oh I'm so honored! You are such a blessing to us Deena. I love your input! Thank you so much. kristin

Colleen Coble said...

Aw, that's so sweet, Deena! Thanks so much. We love having you in our cybercafe! you brighten our day all the time!