»

Friday, April 27, 2007

Feelings...Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...Feelings!!

You know how some people have a keen sense of smell? Or of sight? Or how some people's taste buds are so sensitive?

Well, I have finely tuned feelings. Highly emotive emotions, if you will. My emotions are so keen, I can feel things that aren't even there.

Wait...umm...that's probably not a good thing, is it...

But it's true...I'm an emotional kinda gal. A moody chick. A feelings driven soul.

And I hate it. Sometimes. At least, that's how I feel...

Anyway, I feel deeply. Passionate about many things, I also bruise easily, and it can be difficult.

I also tend to do things based on how I feel. If I don't feel like it, I tend not to do it...and vice versa. Also not a good thing.

I've learned that walking with Christ is based on faith, not feelings. Some days, it is all I can do to push outside my comfort zone and greet new people at church, or say hi to someone I don't know. And visiting a new church?? One word...

YIKES!!

But walking by faith is what works, and what is required of me. I have to force myself beyond my feelings, endeavor to leave my emotions behind, and go where He calls me to go.

Still, emotions aren't all that bad. I can empathize, sympathize, and walk in someone else's shoes quite easily. It makes a person less likely to judge and more likely to pray if they can feel what another might feel. And when God moves, two words....

WHOA BABY!!

So, I'm learning that being an emotional girl isn't all that bad, as long as I can keep my feelings and emotions in perspective. Taking every thought captive is a good start, as well as not leaning on my own understanding. I'm a work in progress, and praise God, I'm actually making some!!

Be blessed...and I truly mean that...with FEELING!

Deena

2 comments:

Nise' said...

This is so scary and cool... You just described me in detail! Today was a perfect example, I just didn't feel like it, but knew what was being asked of me and told God I don't feel like it so I am doing it on faith that you will help me to do it and hopefully, feel like it and if not, well then it got done. But, guess what, He helped me to "feel like it" and I even had fun and some great fellowship. Sorry for the rambling, I tend to do that too...
Too many words to tell a short story as my husband says... Love ya girfriend!

NotJustLaura said...

Just wanted to say I relate. Having Bipolar I'm very 'mood driven' and it's good to read your reminder that it's not all about how I feel from moment to moment.