»

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Isaiah 6:1-7

This is a very familiar passage to many.

Pause and let it soak into your soul today.

See it in your mind's eye.

Respond accordingly.

"In the year of King Uzziah's death, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple.

2 Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two they covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.

3 And one called out to another and said,
"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts,

the whole earth is full of His glory."

4 And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filled with smoke.

5 Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips;

For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of Hosts."

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs.

7 He touched my mouth with it and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven"


Be blessed today!

Deena

1 comments:

veronica said...

I thought a lot about verse 4. My husband asked me on Sunday if I ever heard the song, "Were You There?" In his sweetness he sang me a line that went something like: Sometime it causes me to tremble...tremble...tremble!" Anyway something like that. It made me realize that many times I approach God without any thought on what a Holy God He is. Sometimes I come carelessly and hastily with no thought to whom I am approaching. Exodus 3:5 "And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off they shoes from off they feet, for place wheron thou standest is holy ground." God's holiness not only deserves our respect-He demands it!