»

Monday, April 02, 2007

My Response...

I really don't have one. I've been mulling it over in my head, and everything I come up with doesn't seem to answer satisfactorily.

So, I'll keep it simple, and if it sparks a debate, so be it.

My flesh is evil.

My spirit is holy (because His Spirit dwells within me now...not because of anything I've done).

Feeding my flesh contributes to my evilness.

Feeding my spirit contributes to my holiness.

There are basic needs my flesh needs; sleep, food, water, shelter, love, relaxation, etc.

Satisfying any of those needs in an immoral or amoral way is sin. And the enemy will do all he can do to to convince me that the way I choose is perfectly fine. With him.

But it's not with me.

If what I choose does NOT draw me closer to God...then I'm feeding my flesh, not caring for it, and it is sin.

Does that make any sense at all? These are the random thoughts I've pondered all weekend.

Be blessed,

Deena

For an even better explanation, check out Rachel Hauck's post here.

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Yes, it makes sense. My flesh is in my mind. There is nothing evil about my body. It is all in my mind. I can shut down my fleshly sinful nature by renewing my mind to the fact that now i belong to the Father as his temple. The world no longer rules me if i do not let it.
love ya girl.
Good to have you back.
Hope you had a restful weekend.

Nise' said...

Makes sense to me. I was thinking it all boils down to a choice. Will I choose His will (living by the Spirit) for choose my own will (living by the flesh). Choose this day whom you will serve...