»

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

He Means It...Really, He Does...

Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. (MSG)


Think about the last struggle you had, the last trial you endured, the last hardship that came your way.

Did it ever cross your mind that God brought that into your life to reveal something to you that you needed to see?

Banks and other high security businesses bring in people to break through their security measures. The want the breach in their protection revealed so that they can take steps to repair it.

What if God is doing that in your life? In my life? What if God is allowing the things that test and stretch and even hurt us, for a higher purpose? What if it is to reveal cracks in our defenses, flaws in our character, and breaches in our protection, so that when the storms come that might destroy us, we'll be able to stand?

What if the things we took for evil, He meant for good, to accomplish some great purpose in our lives?

Think about that the next time a trial or hardship hits your life. I know I will.

Be blessed,

Deena

3 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Dealing with this right now.

Nise' said...

Yikes...Hallelujah, God is speaking to me all over blogdom!
Oh yes, sister, He is speaking! Today He said...I am not to set the conditions for Him to meet, that He has given me His word and I am to live according to it. To keep my eyes on Him and He will calm me when the storm rages all around...calm me... not necessarily the storm. Prepare us Lord Jesus, reveal the cracks and shore us up for the coming storms! Amen

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

wow..love the idea of the whole 'trying to find cracks in the system'...What a great analogy!!