»

Saturday, April 07, 2007

She Likes Me, She Really Likes Me!!

Nise' at Thus Far The Lord Has Helped Me has nominated Wholly Devoted with the "Thinking Blogger Award"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I began this blog as an extension of our women's fellowship, which we call "Wholly Devoted". But it wasn't long before God showed me He had greater plans for this blog. Soon I became a part of a network of fellow believers, all struggling with similar issues, all trying to be lights in a dark place.

It is fitting that I receive this award from Nise'. She was the first person I didn't know in "real life" to comment on my blog, and her words blessed and encouraged me to keep going. She is also my playmate on "Junk in the Trunk"...I always know, if I blog it, she will come...and we'll have fun with one another:=)

And now, as a recipient of this award, I get the honor of paying it forward to 5 fellow bloggers who encourage me to think, to be real, and to stay the course...and I think selecting 5 more to receive this award is an even higher honor than receiving it in some ways...

The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote


So, without futher rambling from me, here are the bloggers I've chosen, in no particular order:

1) Robin at "Little Bits of Life"---this precious lady started the "Bloggity Book Club" and got us ready a book by Beth Moore that changes lives and sets women free...she's not afraid to make us laugh by showing her humanness...I only wish she had time to blog more often...love you, Robin!!

2)Shannon at "Rocks In My Dryer"---I never know if she's going to make me laugh...think...or cry...but I never leave her blog empty...love you, Shannon!!

3) Jana at "The Joy Box"...This is a recent bloggy discovery, but I've enjoyed every minute I've spent there...learning about Grandpa...
forgiving myself...and laughing about our children's efforts at independence...Love you, Jana!!

4) Sharon Hinck at "Stories for the Hero in All of Us"...Sharon is a gifted author who doesn't receive enough credit for her writing, in my estimation. She has penned two novels in the Becky Miller series that entertained me, taught me, and opened up my emotions once again, to be able to feel God move in my life again. I just adore her, love her writing, and want you all to meet her...love you, Sharon!!

5) Heth "From Under the Laundry Pile"---she gave me cravingsthat wouldn't quit...made me laugh at life's quirky ways...and gives me food for thought...sort of! Love you, Heth!!

And there you have it...now go visit these special ladies!!

Be blessed!

Deena

3 comments:

Rocks In My Dryer said...

Thanks, Deena!

Sharon Hinck said...

Wow!
Thanks, Deena!
Never mind that my children would giggle non-stop at me being called a "Thinking Blogger"... :-)

Robin said...

Oh sweet heavenly days! You do know I have never been nominated for anything--ever. Although, our family won a years supply of Pepsi once. The twelve cases lasted about 4 months. =) Thank you so much and I will get on mine asap.

Happy Easter!