»

Thursday, April 26, 2007

He Does It 'Cause He Likes It!

Rich Mullins said something that impressed me deeply...

Actually, he said MANY things that impressed me deeply, but I only want to share one today:=)

He said, "Did you ever think that God created the color green simply because He knew one day Rich was going to enjoy that color? That He invented it just for my pleasure."

Well, I don't know that God invented green just to please me, but I do know that He gets a kick out blessing me.

I'm His kid. He loves me. He thinks I'm neat. He likes the way He created me, and He likes the way I enjoy things.

So, it is logical that God enjoys blessing me.

Think of it this way: If your son or daughter asked you for bread, would you give him or her a stone? Or if they asked for an egg, would give him or her a snake? If you, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to you!

Or a multitude of other good things as well.

When I find a magazine that I know will surprise my son, or a cd that will surprise my husband, or a t-shirt that will blow my daughter away...I'm thrilled to give it to them!

So, the next time you enjoy something, look up toward Heaven, and smile at your Father...'cause He's smiling at you!!

Be blessed, and enjoy God's gifts to you,

Deena

0 comments: