»

Monday, April 30, 2007

Go Ye, And Do Likewise...

I found this post on Boomama's blog, and sent the link to my husband.

Then I felt God whisper to me, "Why don't YOU do it for HIM?"

So, I'm doing it...

50 Reasons why I love my husband...

1. He tolerates my moodiness.

2. He brings me Cherry Vanilla Diet Cokes with ice from the drive-thru at Sonic for no reason.

3. He rubs my shoulders when I'm stressed.

4. He goes to work every day, even when he's worn out.

5. He has always listened to me, even when I don't make sense.

6. He thinks I'm the funniest woman on earth.

7. He tells me I'm beautiful even before I've done my hair and makeup.

8. He makes our son laugh, and laughs with him.

9. He jokes with our daughter's friends when they call for her.

10. He knows everything there is to know about the Beatles.

11. He knows almost everything there is to know about Classic Rock.

12. He gets excited when we find his Classic Rock magazine at the bookstore.

13. He turns me loose in bookstores and lets me wander for hours.

14. He scopes out every used record store, book store, and Christian bookstore in every town we visit.

15. He always offers to share his Hostess Cupcakes with me, even the orange ones.

16. He won't watch 24 without me.

17. He preaches God's Word with passion and conviction.

18. He's the same in the pulpit and out of the pulpit.

19. He has sexy long hair, and keeps his sideburns for me.

20. He loves to check the mail first, just in case I get a package, so he can be the one to give it to me.

21. He can't wait to share podcasts with me by our favorite preachers.

22. He emails me from work just to say he loves me.

23. He calls me on the phone just to hear my voice and says it gives him strength to get through the day.

24. He prays over me at the drop of a hat, and asks God to bless me and keep the evil one far from me.

25. He brushes my hair to help me relax after a stressful day.

26. He loves my mom and dad, now with Jesus, as his own family.

27. He shares his sister with me.

28. He puts cd's in my car stereo that he knows I'll like so when I go to work I go with a smile.

29. He lets me see Him cry over loving Jesus.

30. He doesn't talk about me in negative ways to his friends or co-workers.

31. He laughs at all of my corny wisecracks.

32. He's funny.

33. He watches chick-flicks with me, and even likes some of them.

34. He doesn't make me watch "Planet of the Apes" movies with him, and doesn't get his feelings hurt.

35. He comes up with creative ways to share God's Word.

36. He loves his church and pastors with passion.

37. He cares about my feelings, even though I have too many of them.

38. He compliments my cooking.

39. He looks good in a t-shirt and jeans.

40. He loves funny ties with his suits.

41. He's fun to just hang out with, doing nothing.

42. He dreams about our future.

43. He plans ahead so that I'm safe and taken care of.

44. He lets me blog about him.

45. He brags about my blogs.

46. He believes in me and tells me I can do anything.

47. He makes me laugh even when I don't want to.

48. He hears love songs and says they remind him of me.

49. He's a good friend to so many people.

50. He's my best friend.

And there you have it...50 reasons why I love my husband. I have more, but I don't want to take up all of your time today.

Let me encourage you to do this for someone you love. Everyone needs to hear the reasons now and then.

Be blessed,

Deena

1 comments:

veronica said...

50 reasons..........ok, can I copy some of yours? Just kidding. What a sweet and fun idea. Thanks for sharing Deena. Love you