»

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Let's Make A Memory...

I, like many others, am glued to the Virginia Tech coverage. The hardest reports to watch are those that put faces to the victims, but they are also the most important. It has prompted two final thoughts on this tragedy...ok, maybe three...

1) Lots said about praying for the victims and their families...don't forget...Cho had a family as well, and I consider them victims as well, til we learn otherwise. Pray for them when you pray for all the others.

2) The power of God is evident in this. The prayer groups, the public testimonies, the worship going on all over that campus...God is there, and here, with us still...and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

3) We need to be making as many memories as we possibly can. For the parents of those students lost, many just getting started in life...memories are all that is left. We cannot afford to take any day for granted. We do not know what will happen in the next seconds. Not to live in fear, but to live in power and in grace and in Him...let's make some memories to treasure for all eternity.

I suppose that's all I have left. For now, anyway. Thanks for letting me ramble.

Be blessed, and make a memory with your family today...in fact.....oh, I feel a meme coming on....be watching for it:-)

Deena

1 comments:

Nise' said...

I had to quit watching to get my thoughts back under His control as fear threatened to invade my heart. These are scarey times my friend. Praying for safety in your area and that they figure out who made this threat and take care of this individual who is desperatly crying out for help.