»

Friday, April 13, 2007

Is Yours Clean??

I went to do a load of laundry this week (I know...YAY!!LOL!).

Sorted clothes, checked pockets (I have kids), and put in the laundry soap.

Waited, goofed around while they finished.

Then I pulled the wet clothes out and tossed them in the dryer. Turned it on.

Went back when I heard the buzzer...and they still weren't dry.

"Oh, great! Now I have to buy another dryer!" I moaned. I felt around at the clothes. They were partially dry, but still pretty damp. Don't have a clothes line...oh, what to do?

Then I spied out of the corner of my eye a basket of towels.

It hit me...

No one cleaned the lint trap. I pulled it out and shore enough...it was full of fuzzy, purple, good smelling lint. So I peeled the thick layer off, restarted the dryer, and voila! Dry laundry to wrinkle and be re-dried!!

That made me think...what in my life doesn't seem to be working? Everything in place, but no progress made. When's the last time I let God clean my lint trap??

Jesus told Peter,"He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but not all of you," (John 13:10).

As we travel through this life, we tend to collect things: pet peeves, little annoyances, worldly concepts, and minor irritations. Nothing major...just tiny little bits and pieces.

Even if we don't fall into full blown sin, these things tend to clog us up, and keep the Holy Spirit from flowing freely inside of us. So we might think our relationship with God is great...but in reality these bits need to be cleared out.

So, when's the last time you let God clean out your lint trap? What bits and pieces are blocking the Power in your life? Go to Him in prayer, and talk to Him about it all.

Be blessed, and be clean---of lint!

Deena

2 comments:

Nise' said...

See, you are so much like me! It is those everyday things that teach me what God is saying to me. I guess my head is in the laundry or on the floor looking at cats battle for the sunshine! LOL

Sharon Brumfield said...

Been cleaning out my lint trap this week. Wouldn't want that lint to get in the way of my prayers. :)