»

Friday, June 29, 2007

Be The Moon...

About a year ago our family saw Todd Agnew in concert. My husband bought me a t-shirt that was navy blue and in green it read "Be The Moon". Todd explained his thoughts behind this logo:

The moon has no light of its own; any light it has is a reflection of the sun. As Christians, we are to be reflections of the Son, having no light of our own. Thus, be the moon.

Denise at Shortybear's Place has bestowed a high, high honor on me...she has given me the Blogger Reflection Award. Here's what she had to say about me: "This lady has become very dear to my heart, we both lost our moms last year, so we share alot of sadness and deep hurt together. She makes my journey through this world better, and not so lonely."

One thing about bloggers that I adore--how quickly we honor one another, and with such high praise for what God does through us.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This award was created by a lovely young woman who is a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings...and she is amazing. Jocelyn says this: "The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them."

She urges us to choose wisely...and so I give great thought to the ones I honor with this award.

My choices:

1) Sharon Hinck at "Stories for the Hero In All Of Us"---she is my hero. Sharon has written some amazing fiction, but it's her heart for her craft and her God that blows me away. She is so humble that she often doesn't realize just how profound her words often are. She is an amazing woman of God, and I am so blessed to know her. If you have never read any of her novels...I highly encourage you to get your hands on one...especially "The Restorer".

2) Kelli at "Living In Grace"---this amazing young woman is battling kidney failure, is in need of a transplant, deals with a host of health issues brought on by her kidney failure, and still finds time to come by the blog and encourage me in my struggles. Her comments have lifted my heart and made me smile, and I adore her.

3) The team at "Girls Write Out"---Kristen Billerbeck, Diann Hunt, Colleen Coble and Denise Hunter all write amazing fiction. But I love reading their blog posts...these women are funny, insightful, and have huge hearts for God and His daughters of the Kingdom. Writing great fiction is a good thing...have integrity is priceless--and they have both!

4) Sharon at "Sit With Me Awhile"---I have received some wise counsel from this precious woman of God. She is walking the same path I often find myself on...and struggles with the tug-of-war between being and doing. Her words are so timely, and she totally rocks as a cheerleader for this gal blogger! Her heart for God is evident in her posts, and her passion for Him runs deep.

5) Katrina at "Callapidder Days"---she unleashed a powerful challenge this Spring with the Spring Reading Thing that had authors and readers bonded together. We met some wonderful reading buddies and got good ideas for our TBR lists. But she not only juggled the huge list of bloggers participating, she did the most amazingly well coordinated book giveaways, and did it with grace and made reading so much fun...and everyone who knows me knows I LOVE READIN'!!

So, there you have it. My choices for the Blogger Reflection Award. There are so many more I could mention; the blogosphere is full of amazing, inspiring, funny women who are real about their faith in God and real about their struggles in that faith.

I dwell in a company most excellent, and I am honored to be one of you.

Be blessed, and go visit my nominees!

Deena

5 comments:

Denise said...

Great choices my friend, I love you.

Diann Hunt said...

A beautiful post! Thank you for the award and kinds words about The Girls Write Out team! Now I have a reason to celebrate with chocolate!*g*

I love the "Be the Moon" thing too!! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen Coble said...

Aw, that's so sweet of you, Deena! What a honor. Di is already breaking out the chocolate so I'll go celebrate with her. LOL

Sharon Brumfield said...

Be the Moon--what an awesome thought. I love Todd Agnew and his songs with that earthy voice.
You are a sweet heart and I love what God has been doing in your heart lately. I love reading fluff but even more i want to read things that really make me think. You have done that so much. In your times of crying out I think about the real issues in my life. The things that are important and will last for eternity.
I love you little moon--keep reflecting. :)
i

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Thank you so much, Deena. I'm honored!