»

Friday, June 08, 2007

R.A.R.E. Christians

Things that are rare are valuable, often considered priceless. People will hunt for them, and go to extremes to find them.

Rare things often have great effect on others, on societies, on cultures.

Think of this...a musical group that has impacted music more than any other?? The Beatles! It's been over four decades, and no other group has had more impact...they're even in history books, for cryin' out loud!!

Diamonds...may be a girl's best friend, but didn't they just recently make a movie called "Blood Diamond"? Yeesh!!

Antique Roadshow is a hot property right now...people are finding junk, and having it appraised sometimes as a rare find. Then they go off doing the happy dance all the way to the bank!!

So, I decided that I want to work on becoming a R.A.R.E. Christian. I figure, if I'm R.A.R.E., I'll have more of an impact, be a great treasure to my King, and might even stir things up a bit!!

What is R.A.R.E.??

R--reckoning myself dead to sin
A--acquiring all that Christ has done for me
R--realizing who I now am in Him
E--Exercizing my faith and my trust in my Lord and Savior

Of course, now that I've told you, we won't be all that rare...but that's perfectly fine with me. The more R.A.R.E. Christians in this world, the better off we'll all be!!

Join me?!?!?

Be blessed...and be R.A.R.E.!!

Deena

3 comments:

Robin said...

I just emailed Boomama about reading The Thirteenth Tale, Diane Setterfield. Details TBD

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Cool post, Deena! I really like it. Also wanted to say congrats on winning a book in the giveaway over at Callapidder Days! Fun stuff! :D

Denise said...

I love this post, I want to be a rare christian.