»

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thankful Thursday--22 years ago...





a silly little girl married a very mature man, and they lived happily ever after...sort of:-)

And after 22 years with the man I adore...all I can say is "Please, suh, I want summore!!" Here's to another 22 years of matrimony!!

22 Reasons I Adore My Man


1. He's sooooo cute!

2. He's smart.

3. He loves God with all of his heart, mind, soul and strength.

4. He makes me laugh.

5. He makes me think.

6. He quickly forgives me when I hurt him or anger him. (I can be VERY frustrating to live with, people:-)

7. He believes in me, telling me I am capable of anything.

8. He pastors his church with passion and grace.

9. He adores our kids and would move heaven and earth for them.

10. He expects great things from them and for them, and he backs it all up with Scriptural principles.

11. He works hard for the money.

12. He is a great brother and son, and he is always there for his family.

13. He lets me cry, and just is there to hold me.

14. He can fix things...though sometimes it takes a little while:-)

15. He knows his Bible and can break down Scripture like nobody's business ( I don't know what that means...but I like the way it sounds:-)

16. He loved my mom almost as much as I did.

17. He prays for our kids and over our kids, asking God's provision and protection in their lives.

18. He prays over me often, thanking God for me (although I wonder if he knows EXACTLY what he's praying FOR:-)

19. He opens new things up to me, like books and music---and blogging:-)

20. He thinks I'm the funniest person he's ever met.

21. He gets me more often than not...which is a challenge in and of itself!

22. He has promised to always love, protect, cherish, and take care of me all the days of my life...and he's VERY good at all of them!

So, Happy Anniversary, Honey...thank you for asking me, so I could say "YES!" I'd say it all over again.....

Be blessed, and hug someone you love today!

Deena

7 comments:

Nise' said...

Awwww.. so sweet! Happy 22nd Anniversary! I've got two weeks to work on 27 reasons why I love my man!

Diane Viere said...

Well, Happy 22nd Anniversary to you both! And here's to years and years more of all the 'summore!"

Diane

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! :)

Here's to 22 more!! :)

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary sweet girl! God's richest blessings for more and more! Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary sweet friend. This was such a precious thankful list, bless you.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Way to go!
It does not happen too often these days. I am only at 18---so you can teach me a few things. :)
Have a romantic weekend.

Hopeful Spirit said...

Yup, he sounds like a keeper and you are a very lucky woman. Happy anniversary!