»

Friday, June 01, 2007

No Time Off Required!!

Every once in awhile, I like to give satan a vacation. A bit of a break from the endless torment and temptation he inflicts on my life down here on planet Earth.

So, I pull on my boxing gloves, and give myself the old one-two punch:

"I can't BELIEVE you were so stupid!"

"Didn't you learn ANYTHING from last time?"

"How in the WORLD could anyone love a big, fat cow like you??"

"You'll never make it!"

"No matter what you try, she's never going to like YOU!!"

And so on...until I'm battered, weary, and sometimes even bloodied from the fight.

Isn't that the dumbest thing you've ever heard of?????

But, that is exactly what we do with our negative self-talk. Every time I put myself down for a mistake, a sin, an error in judgment, a social faux-paux...whatever...

I'm giving the devil an all expense paid vacation...at my own expense. And sometimes, I think I can do a MUCH better job than he can...which is sad.

So, let's make him earn his paycheck...'cause his payday is coming, and it's coming soon. Let's make him earn every red cent of his eternity in Hell, shall we??

I wanna be the kind of Christian woman that, when one of his minions is assigned to me, they cower in fear and cry out, "Deena??? You're giving me HER???? I--I can't do it on my own...I'll need reinforcements! She burned out the last demon you sent to torment her...she's SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wouldn't that be way cool??

Just a thought!

Be blessed, and trust in God so much that the demons tremble at the sound of your name!!

Deena

7 comments:

Denise said...

Kick those demons back to hell where they belong!!

Nise' said...

That is an awesome thought and I am counting on it... receiving everything needed and more to have that very thing happen when I go on this trip to help my mother move!

By the grace of God ... said...

Amen, amen and Amen! Enjoyed this post!!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I LOVE that!

NotJustLaura said...

Thanks so much for this post, Deena. I messed up earlier today and have been punishing myself for it. You've helped me realise that it's more important for me to pick myself up and go on than sit here calling myself names!

Karen said...

I LOVE THIS POST!! I have some of those very same thoughts. Thank you for sharing this and encouraging us!!

Blessings~
Karen

Cherie said...

Wow! Thanks for that!! I love that! I'm gonna print that out and put it on my desk and read it everyday!!!