»

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I Think These Ladies Rock!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Okay, I've had time to think about this, and here are my nominees for the Rockin' Blogger Award:

1) Jenny at Life Is Not A Cereal--she is so honest and so sweet...you just have to love her! I love her transparency, and lately she has been very creative with her scrapbooking...go and check her out.

2) Amanda at A Patchwork of Books--this newlywed works with children at the library...how cool is that!! I loved my librarians and loved the summer reading program, and Amanda is doing great things to promote reading for kids...and she has good taste:-) Stop by and say hi!

3) Heather at Desperately Seeking Sanity---Heather is a single mom working out her salvation with humor and honesty, and I adore her. She struggles and is so real in her blog posts, that sometimes I just want to give her a great big encouraging hug...and I would love to live next door to her. Pop in and surprise her, k?

4) Nise' at Thus Far The Lord Has Helped Me---she was my first cyberblogging buddy, and she encouraged me so much with her comments...I know she's probably been nominated already, but it was seeing her comment that helped me realize that what I had to say really mattered to more than just the few who knew me...and I love her for that. She's my cheerleader...so go and say "Hey!"

5) Denise at Shortybear's Place--this precious soul has also become my cheerleader. I don't know how she does it, but she always knows just when to email me and encourage me, and she is a prayer warrior you want in your corner. She has health struggles, but she doesn't let them stop her from lifting up a sister in need, and I don't know what I'd do without her. Leave her a comment and some love.

6) Sharon at Sit With Me Awhile gets a mention---she's already received this award as well, and she gave it to me! But my sweet sister tells it like it is, and she loves like Jesus loves. I have received some sound counsel from her, and she is always in my corner, and I know she's got my back! Go over and check out her blog...you'll be glad you did!

So, there you have it. These women rock, and God uses them all mightily in my life. Oh, there are so many, many more women who deserve this...and some of them aren't bloggers, like my sister and my sister-in-love...Miss B...Miss V...Miss C...and so many more.

I live in a great company of Christian women, and I am truly blessed. To see how this all began, and who nominated ME...click here!

Deena

6 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me my dear friend, I love you.

Sharon Brumfield said...

You are a hoot!
Don't you feel special?
Me too!
Life is good in bloggy land :)

Nise' said...

You ROCK my friend, thank you for enriching my life!

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

I've never gotten an award for blogging before!!! Im so excited!!!! First, a layover in Atlanta to see my kids and now this!!!! :D

Thank you.. :) hugs to you and I wish you lived next door too!

H

Pearls of Wisdom said...

I am so glad you nominated Denise she is fantastic and so deserving I just had to pop over to tell you great choice.:) Nise is awesome too and I was going to chose her myself after being given in and see you already did great choice again I already love your blog...LOL I will have to pop over and visit you other lovely choices. May the Lord bless you today and always.

I also had to tell you that I became engaged in Fort Bragg , visited there all the time it was one of our families favorite little pieces of heaven for vacations. I lived in N. Cal. for many years until a job transfer and miss it so much . I know now that is why the Lord led me over to your blog tonight as well as I enjoyed your post so much. It was my anniversary this past week and I was missing Fort Bragg so bad so thanks for the lovely post about it. I am glad you enjoyed your time.

Smiles and Blessings,

Angel ( Angel Mama )

Anonymous said...

You truly are amazing. Thank you so much for putting a smile on my face. I've had such a rough few days and you always come through, without even knowing it. A true friend, you are!