»

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Gettin' Personal!

Okay...I'm going to do something on my blog that I've never done before.

I'm going to talk about my husband.

**Snort** Okay, so I've talked about him before...but NEVER like this. And if you go to my church...shhhhh...don't tell!

Last Friday we both went in and had some blood work done through an incentive program at his work. It was free, painless (for me, praise the Lord--I HATE needles!), and we got paid to do it!

The results are in...and we need help. That's why I'm coming to YOU, my bloggy friends!

I'm not saying who it is (it's him), but one of us has high cholesterol and triglycerides, and HIS/her blood sugar is too high.

So, put on your thinking caps and send me some helpful hints. I'm looking for remedies to get that LDL down and to raise the HDL (that's cholesterol speak for all who don't know---I'm getting pretty good at this medical lingo---may have to audition for ER next year!).

I'm also wanting low fat and low sugar or sugar free recipes that you yourselves have tested and found desirable. Any websites, supplements, or ideas that you may have...I want' em!!

Pray for us. This is going to involve a lot of lifestyle changes, and as I once said, I only like change if it will buy me a soda at Sonic! But we both want to be healthy and able to serve our Lord with sound body and mind (I may have to pass on that last one:-)

Thanks for indulging me...I promise to knock off the personal stuff...someday...just not soon...but you already knew that, didn't you??

Be blessed, and take care of you...you're the only you God made!!

Deena

P.S. Getting a profile on a dating site allows you to meet people online you normally wouldn't elsewhere. Utilizing an online dating site is also good since you can get to know a little about someone from the dating site before you meet them if you decide to.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Will try to find you some helpful information dear one.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog last week :-)

The oatmeal challenge actually works--eat a serving each day. Regarding the blood sugar issues, always pair a carb with a protein; apple with peanut butter, etc. (advice I need to follow, too)

blessings, C