»

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thankful Thursday--Christ On The Cross




We just came from Bible study and I'm filled with thankfulness for what God did on the cross and for what He still does for me:

1) I'm thankful that Christ was my substitute on the cross. He took my place, He took my sin, and He takes my shame.

2) I'm thankful that Christ allowed Himself to be scandalized on my behalf. He was utterly humiliated, and did this willingly, embracing the shame of the crucifixion so that I could stand boldly in Him before the Father.

3) I'm thankful that Christ suffered unspeakable pain, both in body and in spirit for my sake. What must He have felt when the Father turned His back on Him...my mind cannot begin to fathom the rending! The absence of God's presence is worse than anything I can imagine.

4) I'm thankful that Christ dying on the cross satisfied God's demand for holiness, and that by hiding myself in Him, holiness is all God sees. Without His holiness, I am wretched, naked and blind...helpless and without hope. But because of the cross, I am clothed in His righteousness!

5) I'm thankful that I can lay anything before Him--my sin, my dreams, my hopes, my fears...a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g. I need to do this more often, and not cling to my "stuff", but cling to the cross.

6) I'm thankful that through His crucifixion, He brings us together, into family...and I'm a part of the most wonderful, amazing sisterhood imaginable!

So, what are YOU thankful for?? Visit Iris' blog at Sting My Heart and share...it's waaaayyyy cool to share:-)

Be blessed!

Deena

15 comments:

Deedra said...

Amen! A very powerful list of thankfuls! I'm thankful I visited your blog. You have truly blessed me!

Deedra

Denise said...

Such a precious thankful list, bless you sweety.

Alycia said...

Such a great reminder on this TT! I really love how you shared this with us and I was blessed by reading your list today. Have a wonderful night!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

I loved your list ! Thanks for sharing .

In his endless love,

Angel ():)

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Powerful reminder of what we need to be thankful for! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings~

Changed by His Love said...

Thanks for reminding us of all God placed upon Himself for His glory to be revealed to all. Many blessings to you today.

Patty said...

Amen!! I agree with nspiredbyfaith, a very powerful list! Thank you!
Blessings,
Patty

Nise' said...

You make my heart sing with thankfulness for our Lord Jesus Christ! You Rock Girl!

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

Love it!!!

I say it all the time... I'm thankful for you... for bringing me what I need to hear and when I need to hear it!

Robin said...

Great list - it would do us all good to think upon those things more!

Sharon Brumfield said...

"At the cross
At the cross
Where I first saw the light and the burdens of my heart rolled away."

My pastor would love this post.
Thanks for you list.

Crystal said...

What a great list of Thankfuls...it's great when you come home inspired from your study...
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

Good list. Gratitude well said. We should all remember how blessed we are at His cost.

Please think about joining us for Fruit in the Spirit Friday tomorrow. Each Friday morning there will be a FOSF post and My Linky.

Anonymous said...

Deena,

Profound...) I'm thankful that Christ allowed Himself to be scandalized on my behalf.

I am undone reading this. Thank you for this fabulous post

eph2810 said...

You are so right, Deena. You know what always gets me? When Jesus said dying on the cross "Father forgive them..." Oh my. He is dying but still forgiving. To me that is the most powerful sentence.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.