»

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Poem, Of Sorts

Life is nuts
Life is crazy
Leaves me feeling
Kinda hazy
In my head.

Weather's hot
I am bored
And I'm tired
Of being ignored.
I'm off to bed.

Hiding under
All the covers
Feeling like I'm
Going to smother.
So I cry.

Then I hear
His tender voice.
Telling me
To rejoice.
And I ask why?

When there's pain
In my life
And my home
Is filled with strife--
Why try?

"Because I died
to give you hope.
So you just smile,
Don't tell me 'nope'--
Let your spirit fly!

Soar with me
On eagle's wings
Up above
Your stress and things
will look up!"

I come out.
I take His hand.
I journey on
Toward my
Promised Land.
He fills me up.

Life is hard.
God is great.
Oh, I can't
hardly wait.
To see His face.

But til then
I'll carry on.
In His strength
I'll be strong.
I'll dwell in grace.

Be blessed...

Deena

2 comments:

Denise said...

So very beautiful my dear one.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hear you girl.
When the winds begin to blow--jump in the boat and Him blow you where He wants you.
I seem to find lately that the storms of life have been moving me in a new an exciting direction.
Praying for you.