»

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thankful Thursday--Thank You For Being A Friend!!




For today's Thankful Thursday post, I would like to express my thanks to a few wonderful friends of mine:

1) Belinda---a kindred spirit that God brought into my life many years ago, and my spiritual big sis. This lady is one of the few who "get me", and no matter how badly I communicate what I'm thinking, she just seems to know. She builds me up in Christ, and has given me such confidence in who I am as His child. I wouldn't be who I am today without her influence in my life. And God has used her in such a mighty way to "grow me up in Jesus". She loves me for me, and that is so special to me. Love you, B!!

2) Mary---she and I share a very similar sense of humor, so we laugh a lot. She too is a big sis in Christ, and has taught me a lot by example. I love how her mind works, and enjoy talking with her. Love you, Mary!

3) Machelle---another kindred sistah! We are so much alike, I never have to worry about opening my heart up to her...she gets me as well! She has moved far, far away, but she is always in my thoughts and prayers...and I treasure the years we spent talking about the Lord and what He's done in our lives. Love and miss you, Machelle!

4) Our ladies of Loma Rica Baptist---too many to name, but how special they are to me! They watch out for me, and take care of me even when I don't think I need it...which is often! They each bring a different facet of life into mine, like a gorgeous diamond...when I feel like a lump of coal, they remind me of who I am in Jesus!

5) My sister-in-love Brenda---I tease Dave all the time that she's actually my sister, but God felt bad for him so he let's him claim her as his own:-) She listens to me, and gives me Godly counsel, and we have a ball whenever we're together. Only wish we lived closer...Love you, Bren!!

6) My sister, Leslie---we've gotten so close since my mom passed away...closer than I'd ever thought we'd be. It's been interesting getting to know one another as adults, and to learn to lean on one another. We miss our Mom, but I wouldn't trade what I've found with my sis for anything...love you, Sis!

7) Miss Pat and Miss Patty---these ladies have become my honorary moms, and oh, what a job they both have!! Pat was there for me long ago, and we laugh together a lot. She's helped me through a lot of stuff, and I adore her. Miss Patty has been my "mom" for a short time, but she just seems to know when I need a hug, and when I need to be encouraged. Love you both!!

8) All of my bloggy sistah-hood---you make me laugh, you make me think, you make me smile, and sometimes you make me cry...and that's a good thing!! Who'd have ever thunk it, that one day I'd be part of such a great bloggy world:-) Love you all!

9) Bridget---even though our friendship is still in its beginnings, it feels so good to have someone who knows you and loves you in spite of how goofy you can be! We're at different stages in life, and that's a good thing. We can learn from one another, and encourage one another, and get each other's back. I look forward to seeing where our friendship goes and grows. Love you, Bridget!!

So, what are all of you thankful for today?? Go on over to Iris' place and share...and be blessed!!

Deena

16 comments:

Denise said...

What a precious thankful list, love you.

Aimz said...

Yes it's so important to have good friends - I enjoyed reading your list :-)

eph2810 said...

It is so awesome that you have all these ladies in your life that are your mentors and support.
I am so glad that you and your sister have such a great relationship :) - Even better that you and your sister-in-love have a great communication as well :) - I miss my sis a lot...

The bloggy world has become a great support for all the Christina women - God is good.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

The Open Range Camping Family said...

I am so happy to see your surrounded by so many great friends. What a great thing to be thankful for today. I enjoyed your list!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

What a beautiful list. You are truly blessed to have so many dear friends in your life.

Anonymous said...

I hope the women whom you mentioned here will read this because this is such a sweet tribute. =) Like they say, friends are the siblings we don't have biologically. Oh, ok. So I tweaked the sayings cos I can't remember it word-by-word...but you get what I mean. =)

Sharon Brumfield said...

Ya gotta give a shout out every once in a while to those sweet ones that God gifts you with.

Nise' said...

You are blessed with wonderful friends and I am sure they know how blessed they are to have you as a friend!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Yes good friends are so wonderful . I loved your list. Thanks so much for sharing. May the Lord bless you this week and always.

In Christ,

Angel ( Angel Mama )

Changed by His Love said...

That was so sweet of you to list your friends! Having good girlfriends is such a blessing!

Susanne said...

Great list!!! It's such a blessing to have special friends! Have a wonderful day.

Janis Rodgers said...

What a great list! It is indeed a blessing to have good friends in life! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Fun list of friends! Priceless :)

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Great list of thankfuls! I love that you call your SIL your sister-in-love! Very cute!

Love, love, love this sisterhood of bloggers. It's strange in the best way possible. lol

Blessings~

Brenda said...

What a precious list! You are so blessed w/ your many treasured friends! I treasure my friends and I so enjoy reading when someone shares of their thankfulness for their friends. Thank you for sharing from your very thankful heart! :)

Hopeful Spirit said...

Sounds like you are indeed blessed! :-)