»

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Waiting For My Perks!






Some people are naturally optimistic. They are naturally upbeat, positive, and cheerful. Natural perks, they are.

And they get on my nerves:-)

Just kidding!

Sort of.

Seriously, sometimes I want to go to God and ask Him, "Why didn't you give me the perky gene? I mean, when people ask me, 'Is the glass half full or half empty?', I wanna yell 'Ok, who drank my Diet Pepsi??' and deck somebody!

"Don't You realize how I would have totally ROCKED for You if only You had made me a cheerful kinda gal? It's not easy being green, but it totally stinks being gray!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Why couldn't you have made me more like Pooh or Owl or Kanga, instead of a cross between Eeyore and Rabbit??"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I said I WANNA talk to God about it...but I read Job...and I may be moody, but I'm NOT dumb!!

I struggle to live by Philippians 4:8. My translation tends to read, "Whatever is wrong, whatever is stinky, whatever is negative, whatever is sucky, whatever is of gloom and doom, of a raw deal and painful...think on THESE things."

Not a happy camper, I'm not, I'm not.

But I wanna be. I wanna be able to love the sinner and hate the sin, no problemo. I wanna be able to pray through in faith and believing, going through life with "Praise The Lord!" naturally on my lips.

I don't wanna be the kind of person who finds it painful some days just to smile. I hate that about myself.

And yet, I do believe, deep down. And I've been told when you're in a struggle, I'm a person to have on your team. I can pray like nobody's business for people...just not for myself.

I'm critical; I can be harsh, and I can be distant. And I am oh, so very negative!

So I wonder...Why didn't He give me the cheerful DNA strand? I mean, I would have totally ROCKED as a cheerleader...instead of being a melancholy baby...

**sigh**...oh well, at least I'm YOUR melacholy baby...right, God??

Be blessed, and be a blessing!

Deena

3 comments:

PEZmama said...

Oh, I can soooooooo relate with you.

Do you ever look at perky people and think they are total fakes because no one could ever be that perky for real? I'll admit I get annoyed because it is completely foreign to me. (At the same time, I wish I was more perky.)

I don't think I lack compassion, but I've told people before that I am not a friendly person. And definitely not "perky."

Sharon Brumfield said...

If I had a dollar for every time that someone said, SMILE! Let's just say we could all meet in the Bahamas and I would pay. :)
I tend to be a little sarcastic in my humor--and I get so drained by my people contact.
I am a realist---let's talk truth--put forth what it is. Then we can deal.
I guess joy looks different on different people.

Denise said...

I love your sense of humor, you always make me smile, always!!!