»

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thankful Thursday--For My Heritage...




Reflecting on this Thankful Thursday, and with my 44th birthday rapidly approaching (on Sunday)...

1) I'm thankful that I had Christian parents. Mom and Dad strayed from their faith for a bit, but by the time I was 6, we were in church faithfully, and they lived what they believed at home.

2) I'm thankful that I have a Christian husband. He has taught me so much, and has opened doors of belief for me that most likely would have stayed locked had I not been with him.

3) I'm thankful that each of my children (including my step-children) have professed faith in Jesus as Savior, and that at least 3 of the 6 have allowed Him to be Lord of their lives. Please pray for the other 3 that they too will surrender to Him one day.

4) I'm thankful for our wonderful church family. We are not little any longer...we've grown to 50+, and have many coming each week to see what we are all about. With growth come growing pains, but we are all on the same team, and it is exciting to see what God will do.

5) I'm thankful for my relationship with Jesus. When He died for my sins, He gave me more than just eternal life. He gave me friendship, guidance, peace, joy, and God tore the temple veil in two so that I could come before Him freely.

6) I'm thankful that Jesus is coming again, and that the world will be set right once and for all one day. I don't want to see anyone die without Christ, but I'm so tired of the sin that runs wild and the emptiness of this world...the hollowness of it all. I want to see what God meant for us to be and to have all along, without sin, without death, without fear...

7) And while I miss them both greatly, I am so thankful both of my parents are in Heaven today with Jesus. I'm also a little jealous that they got there before me and have had all that time to spend with Our Savior (Dad-8 years, Mom-nearly 1 year).

So, what are you thankful for today? Won't you share it with us? Go visit Iris at "Sting My Heart"...you'll be glad you did!

Be blessed, and be a blessing!

Deena

10 comments:

Denise said...

Such a precious thankful list my friend.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I will be glad to when He comes back and make it all right. How cool that your parents are seeing all the plans that are taking place for the day when our deliverer will come for us. That pumps me up!
How cool about the growth of your church. May He continue to send ya'll people so that the body of Christ will be whole and complete.
Good thoughts girl!
Keep on Keeping on!
Ever onward----never looking back!

Nise' said...

Happy Birthday on Sunday! I hope to get back and wish you blessing on your day!

Changed by His Love said...

Happy early birthday! And your list was beautiful. I dream of the day He returns and what it will be like. Thanks for sharing.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Great list Deena and Happy birthday Sunday! May the Lord bless you this week and always.

In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama )

Debbie said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. Your list is great! Have a wonderful birthday!

Brenda said...

What a precious legacy that your parents left you. :)

Thanking the Lord w/ you for Jesus--for giving us life today and coming back again someday!!! :)

What a truly inspiring TT--you have blessed me today! Thank you for sharing your thankfulness so beautifully! :)

Brenda said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday a lil' early!! Have a fabulous day on Sunday! :)

eph2810 said...

I hope you are having a wonderful birthday party on Sunday :)

It is so neat that the Lord is growing your congregation so quickly. May He continue to bless your work in His kingdom.

I too am looking forward to the day the Lord will come again and reign over all.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Pastor Dave said...

Yes, what a great list of things to be thankful for....I am so thankful that 22 years ago the Lord allowed me to marry the most wonderful woman in the world....YOU!

Thanks for putting up with me.

Dave (your pastor, husband, and best friend)