»

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Will The Circle Be Unbroken??

It occurs to me, after reading some of your comments, that my post from yesterday needs a bit more clarification. So, kick off your shoes, pop the top on a cold Diet Vanilla Pepsi (or whatever you prefer), and prepare for a journey unlike any other...

...a journey through the labyrinth of my mind...

What triggered yesterday's post was quite simple. I have this dear, sweet blogging buddy who emails me. Every day. Just a simple line or two of encouragement. And a daily greeting card from Dayspring.

She is so faithful to lift me up every day. And it hit me one day: who encourages her? Who emails her every day? What happens when she gets down and discouraged??

Then I thought about our ministers...while they are busy pouring their lives out for the care and feeding of the church, who ministers to them??

Which led me to the ones in our church who send cards on special occasions. Does anyone think to send them a card on their special days??

Or the lady who always brings everyone's favorite dessert to potlucks...does anyone know what her favorite is, and does anyone bring it to her??

So, I wasn't discouraged...disgruntled...depressed...despondent...just curious. And while I agree that Jesus is our All in all, and the Holy Spirit ministers to us on a daily basis...it's always nice to have someone be Jesus to us...

Just food for thought:-)

Be blessed!

Deena

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

We take care of ours. When we go out of town I always bring my pastors wife something. She is one of my girls. We take care of their birthdays and Christmas. My hubby calls our pastor everyday--he has it set on his phone alarm. He calls just to check on him and pray if needed.
We take their kids and give them a break. Also my pastors wife knows she can unload on me. I know who she is and nothing she says surprises me. She is even free to tell me when she is fed up with her man and when he is being a pain in the butt.
And they take care of me too.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Good thoughts!