»

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Another discussion starter...

Once you've had a chance to answer the posted questions below, consider this: "I've always dreamed of being much more than I am." This is the opening line of chapter one in our book.

What "more" have you dreamed of becoming? Where do you feel the lack in your life?

For me, it's complicated...again, no surprise there for those who know me!! I long to be more diligent, more of a housekeeper, and more of a patient mom. I've always dreamed of being a more spiritual example of a child of God.

But I'm cranky and moody. I doubt and I struggle to trust God's best for my life. I'm short-tempered at times and I hate waiting for things. I love God's Word, but get so easily distracted by other things, and the next thing I know I've forgotten to read the Word the last two days!!

Still, I've had many, many Godly friends tell me that we are all works in progress...the key is progress! We move forward, one step at a time...sometimes progress is slow. So slow we miss it if we blink! But then one day we look at where we were, and where we are now, and we are amazed at what God has done in our lives!!

I've greatly changed in just the last 5 years in my faith, thanks to some very dear Sisters in Christ (you know who you are:-). We need one another, to keep us making progress, to support us when we falter, and to give us those nudges down life's path to God's perfection in our lives.

Wow, that was long-winded!! Now, it's your turn...tell me what you think. Go back and re-read the question, since I took so long...I'll wait here for you:-)

Be blessed, my dear sisters, and be a blessing to someone...you never know how God will use you!!

0 comments: