»

Friday, January 19, 2007

This is a little off topic, but I feel it is important to share with those who read my blogs...so here goes!


Picture two students in a math class, sitting side by side. One knows math well, the other is struggling through the class, not sure how to do it or what it all really means.
The skilled student looks over at the other one's homework and says, "Hey, dude...9 x 3 is 27, not 14."

"You sure about that?" he asks, concerned about getting it right.

"Positive! I learned all of these when I was just a little kid, and facts is facts!"
Poised to make his correction, he glances over at the other student's paper and sees something that makes his eyebrow go up.

"Oh, yeah?" says the second student. "Then how come your paper says '36'?

"Oh, well, I got bored with it being 27, so I thought I'd see what 36 felt like. But that doesn't mean it isn't 27!" he protests.

"How do I know it's really 27? You say you know the answers to this stuff, but you don't even put what you say is right on your own homework!"

"Dude, just trust me. I know this stuff....it's 27!"

"Yeah, that's what you say. I'll stick with 14..." and so goes the class experience.

Now, isn't that ridiculous! If you know that the answer to 9 x 3 is 27, why in the world would you put 36 and expect to get it right? And why would you expect someone to believe you when you say it's 27...they saw you put 36...

So, why would people believe us when we say Jesus is the answer if we live like more money, better figures/health, better jobs, prettier wives/more handsome husbands, bigger houses, faster lifestyles, etc...is the answer? We have to live what we believe, or who is going to want to believe it?

Something to think about...

Be blessed, and be a blessing!
Deena

0 comments: