»

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Going, going, gone.......

Ok, Sunday, I was under the "whether"...today, I'm under the weather. So I won't post much...but this got me thinking...

We push ourselves to the brink of exhaustion...getting little sleep in order to accomplish all that's on our "to-do" list. Up early to cover all we missed out on last night.

We squeeze in a quick daily Bible reading, but don't realize what we read. We rush here and there, doing for everyone...

Illnesses are on the rise among women. Auto-immune disorders are increasing: chronic fatigue, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, mystery illnesses. We are tired, and we don't stop.

Why is this? What is driving us? Scripture says, "Come, my yoke is easy and my burden is light." "Be still and know that I Am God." And yet we are like wannabe Energizer bunnies...we keep going and going and going...

Until we are gone. These last two days have been sit on the couch days...sick, fever, cough, achy everything. But just before that it was another whirlwind weekend.

And have you ever noticed that the women who are on every committee, involved in several ministries, and always available for anything and everything are the ones who get praised? I knew a woman who went to work, eyes glazed with fever and in constant pain, and the staff admired her committment to the job.

She ended up in the hospital and on bed rest for nearly 3 months.

So, I'm going to continue to take it easy, shushing the guilt that rears its head, telling me, "Hey, you're home...you could be [fill in the blank]." Instead, I'm going to get well, and then pay more attention to my schedule...work to make it less frantic and more fulfilling.

How about you?

Be blessed today. That's enough for now.
Deena

2 comments:

Pastor Dave said...

Hmmm....have you been peeking at the book I'm reading, "Simple Church"? Simple. It sounds easier than it is.

Dave

veronica said...

I love the stance Jesus took toward wounded, tired, struggling, and imperfect people.
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and My load is light. Matthew ll:28-30

The problem is that I don't learn from example- I learn the hard way (my way) So.....that usually means God has to lay me down so that I can get it.