»

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Notice me...please...

Can't sleep, so thought I'd post.....

Why would a person go on national television and claim they have talent, only to be shot down by three tempermental judges?

Why would a couple go on a television talk show and discuss their dysfunction as a family?

Why would a well-known celebrity continue to party even when claiming to be tired of the tabloid press?

Why would a middle-aged mother of 6 (3 step-children) post an on-line journal for the entire internet world to read?

Three words.....

To be noticed.

We all crave to be noticed. Our souls cry out "Someone, anyone, notice me! I need to know I matter!" And we will seek attention from whatever venue we deem acceptable. The greater our need for meaning in our lives, the greater the attempts to get it.

Last Sunday, a wise man spoke about our destiny as children of God. That we are to be a reflection of Him in our regular, everyday lives. We were created for and with a need for purpose.

Maybe if we perform for an audience of One, the tabloid press will cease to exist, reality talent shows will become a thing of the past, and talk shows will evolve into game shows, which are far more entertaining anyway (can't you see Oprah hosting "Win, Lose or Draw"?).

Of course, this middle-aged mom of 6 (3 step-children) will continue to post an on-line journal...not to be noticed...but so that He will be noticed.

Paid any attention to God lately??

Be blessed, and then go out and notice someone's need and be a blessing to them.

Deena

3 comments:

veronica said...

When all is said and done, what really matters?I believe that we all know the answer to that question. It has taken me a lifetime to finally understand that I am to know who I am in Jesus Christ, by the grace of God. Nothing and no one but Christ can matter more than that.

Deena Peterson said...

I totally agree...which is why satan works so desperately hard to get us as believers to find our value in anything BUT Christ...he knows the answers, too, and that's how he constructs his lies...

Anonymous said...

Where, oh where do you get your wisdom? Oh, that's right, you're a child of the King. I pray today that I might fix my eyes, my heart, and my mind on my Savior and not on the world. Thank you Sis