»

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Little Under The Whether...

Greetings...

I'm not sure how much I'll post today...you see, I'm a little under the whether.

I know several people like me (hopefully there's more than just a few of us) who are all too often under the whether...

You know, "whether" your day has gone well, "whether" your kids are happy, "whether" that cute guy asked you out (mine married me:-), "whether" God answered that prayer the way you'd hoped...those kind of "whethers".

Scripture says in James that a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. I get that now. We can't afford to be blown about by circumstances, deciding "whether " or not to serve God today or to serve ourselves. Deciding "whether" or not to love others today or to "just have one of those days".

I am a passionate soul. I feel very deeply. Which is a plus, because it's easy for me to empathize with others. But it can be a very big minus because it leaves me vulnerable to being emotion-driven...which I am, far too often.

Today was an "under the whether" day for me...and it cost me a wonderful worship experience today. Fortunately, God has a way with me like no other:-), and He had His way...I am getting quicker at responding, but not quite quick enough.

So, pray for me. I really am tired of being under the "whether". And the quicksand gets rather thick when I'm like that. I'm counting on sisters like you to help pray me to solid ground again! And I'll do the same for you.

Be blessed, and be a blessing..."whether" or not you want to...hey, if I have to, YOU have to:-)

Deena

1 comments:

Pastor Dave said...

Ok, I'm not even sure "whether" or not I can post a comment under the right blog! I posted this earlier under the wrong one!

As I said earlier, my problem is not so much being under the "whether" as it is not being able to decide "whether" to do this or to do that. Pray for me too.

And again, glad you got to marry that cute guy.

Dave