»

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tools For Transformation

On page 19 of our study book, Joanne lists 6 tools for transformation. Which one have you found transforming in your life? And which one do you need to pick up and use more often for more of a transformation? Do you think we can truly have transformation without using the entire toolchest?

For me, the quiet time is a definite must. I can tell within days of not reading my Bible--something not so good happens inside of me...and the reverse is true as well. A few days being back in the word and I feel stronger and healthier...for more info on this, see my next blog (previously posted at MySpace).

Altar-ing My Ego is the most difficult for me. Not because I think I'm anything special, but because I don't...it's a twisted logic, but because I struggle with self acceptance I tend to need "positive reinforcement" from others...to know I've done a good job...and then the whole humility battle begins...it's complicated...

Personally, I don't think true and complete transformation can occur without the entire toolbox...developing a quiet time (I know, I know...that one gets harped on a lot, but it's because it's true...so true), memorizing Scripture--and you'll be amazed at just how much Scripture you really know, listening to others, journaling the journey, gathering with the Body, and altar-ing my ego.

Possibly journaling the journey might be let go, but I've found that writing out my worries, thoughts, inspirations and concerns gives me a clearer head and less cluttered heart...but that's me...

How about YOU??

0 comments: