»

Sunday, March 11, 2007

And I'm Not Even Jealous!

I need a little pick-me-up today, and I thought you might as well. So I'm choosing to share from our study, "Having A Mary Spirit" by Joanna Weaver, the story she told about the young woman who claimed "I know God loves all of us, but I do believe He loves me more than y'all." (pg. 52)

She goes on to share about Grandma Nora (pg. 54)...the special memories she had of their relationship...and how, when Nora passed away, sitting around with her siblings, they each felt they were the "favorite" one.

Who do you have in your life that loves you like that? That loves others like that, so that they feel as if they are the favorite, when in reality they are just gifted with a special kind of love...

My mom had a way of making me feel as if I was "it", but I was jealous of her love for others. My sister-in-law, Brenda, however, has a knack for making me feel like I'm "the one"...and I watch her love on everybody else, and it's ok...I know she loves me more, so she can love you too...

She thinks I'm funny, she thinks I'm wise, and when I'm not, she helps me be wise, and never makes me feel ashamed. She hugs like there's no tomorrow, and can give you a 1.99 special from Wal-Mart and make it a festive party treat! She just has a way of making every person she meets feel as if her love is all theirs, and then has more to go around.

Beth Moore strikes me as that kind of woman as well. The way she roams throughout her audience, making eye contact, and talking right to each woman's heart like a dear, sweet friend...even in crowds of thousands...if you haven't yet, I encourage you to check out her Living Proof Ministries blog to get a taste of what I'm talking about.

And God loves us infinitely better than anyone we could ever think to name. And He loves us individually, custom made, never runs dry, never changes with a whim, and wraps us up in its warmth like nothing else can.

God loves me, and He loves you, too...and I'm not even jealous about it! Because I know my God has enough to go around, and then some.

So, who do you have in your life like that? Who do you love like that...so much that they think they are "it", but so does this person and that person, and this one and that one, too...

No more reading and lurking...you just gotta share on this one...I don't care how long or short it is...I need some encouragement here!!

Come on, bless me...lift me up with your testimonies on this one....

Deena

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet words Sis. I love you dearly and thank you so much for your words of inspiration and wisdom. And also for the laughs. But most especially I thank you for your prayers when I need them and even more, when I don't know that I need them. When you pray for me even from so many miles away, I feel your loving arms wrap around me, comforting me. And them I feel the Fathers loving arms around me and know that I am truly blessed to have you in my life. Keep on writing Sis. I love you