»

Monday, March 26, 2007

Downer of a Sister!!

Well, I've been a ray of sunshine these last two days, haven't I?? I almost didn't even post, but I knew I had to be real and honest, and I knew I needed your prayers. They helped SO much!!

I'm climbing out from under my rock and proclaiming "God is good, and while all is not right in my world just yet...the Son is shining once again!!" (Even thought the weather outside my window is gloomy and doomy...)

I found Him all over Bloggy-land today...at Boomama's, where she posted a Psalm that went straight to my hurting heart...at Faithchick, where Rachel Hauck shared about praying God's Word...at Sarah's, where I read about answered prayer (and I was privileged to be allowed to pray for this family)...and many other places.

Ever feel like your life is pointless, and then God gives you a George Bailey moment?? He did that for me, and it made me realize that the enemy wants to take me out, because I have a job to do for the King, and he doesn't want me to see it through.

But I'm pushing past the darkness, asking God to blow away the clouds of hurt and doubt, and letting Him wash my eyes with tears so that I might see Him more clearly and love Him more dearly...and these are the things I pray today.

Thank you all for your love, comments, and prayers...this is just a great bloggity world, and I'm so glad you all let me play in it!

Be blessed! It's a great day in Christ!

Deena

4 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I'm back. I know a little about satan trying to take us out. Been in that trench myself lately. Kinda of like if the sun 'ul come out tomorrow--were is it? You can be yourself with us. You can't run us off that easily. Stand strong--you can't see us but there are a bunch of us behind you cheering you on. Trust Him--go ahead you can do it. I can to. He is so worthy and you and I both know it. One day He is going to come riding in on his white horse and He is going to tell satan and all the rest of the brat pack where to go for good. And then you and I will get on our white horses and ride off into the sunset with our Prince of Peace. Girl that makes me want to jump for joy. I say---Bring it on!Take a few practice rapture jumps. I know it sounds silly but one night after a tough emotional womens group we all decided we were ready for the rapture to come and take us home. So while we were outside getting ready to go one of the women said, Hey, maybe if we jump high enough He'll just go ahead and take us on up. And so--believe it or not--three of us grown women started jumping. Now you know it was a good thing it was a night and it was behind the church because us Baptist have enough of a reputation to over come as it is. So picture three grown women jumping in the air and guess what happened--we all started dying laughing. We laughed so hard--well you know. Then of course we laughed harder at the silliness of it all. Go ahead and try it. Do a little practice rapture jump and see if the fact that God is smiling at the silliness of it all does not put a smile on your face. And you had better not let someone come in while you are doing it or you might have a "little splanin to do Lucy"'.
Love ya Girl!
Sorry I was so long winded.

Nise' said...

Deena, never think you are a downer! You are being honest and open and I appreciate that more than you know. It so reinforces what God has shown me thru Breaking Free.. that the enemy wants me to believe that everyone has it together that I am the only one that struggles with this issue and that issue and it will never be conquered! The enemy is such a liar."Do not gloat over me my enemy, Though I have fallen I will rise, Though I sit in darkness the Lord will be my light" Micah 7:8
Hang in there with God Sista! He has a one-track mind as far as we are concerened, we are to live like we are the overcomers He tells we are in Christ.

TaunaLen said...

Wow, what that sharon sounds like a great friend! I laughed so hard at the image of three women doing rapture practice jumps behind the baptist church. (I can laugh, since I have a little baptist in my blood.) I wanted to respond to your post and say I am so glad things are looking brighter for you. It's amazing what a little talk with Jesus will do for our point of view. Thanks for being real on your blog. I blesses me.

~TaunaLen

TaunaLen said...

sorry to take up more space, but I just had to giggle at the "I blesses me" typo in my comment. Your blog, and your real-ness bless me, friend!

~TaunaLen