»

Friday, March 23, 2007

Isn't It Just Amazing?

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool," Isaiah 1:18.

The Message puts it this way: "Come. Sit down. Let's argue this out. This is God's Message: "If your sins are blood-red, they'll be snow-white. If they're red like crimson, they'll be like wool."

Imagine that. The Creator of the Universe...the One who spoke and all came into being...the great I Am...invites us to sit with Him, to talk with Him, to converse with Him.

Imagine the greatest figure in history inviting you to have a conversation, to discuss matters of great importance with him or her. Wouldn't you be thrilled to be given the opportunity to speak your mind, to share your heart?

And here we have God Himself, inviting us: "Come, let us reason together...let's discuss this matter, you and I."

So, since this is so amazing, such a privilege...I have to ask myself...

Why don't I take Him up on His invitation??

Oh, I do when it's crunch time. When I've blown it bigger than I've ever blown it before. When I have a huge decision to make, and I want to make sure God and I are on the same page. THEN I show up for a little convo with my Creator.

But what about those other times?

Don't you have someone in your life that you just love to hear them speak? Love what they have to say, how they say it? You just can't talk with them enough? They fascinate you in how they think, how they phrase what they think...how they share their heart??

That's how God feels about you and how He feels about me. He's fascinated with us, not to the point of worshipping us...oh, no. But He adores us...just like we did our kids when they were little and they tried to tell us all about the movie or the cartoon they just saw and how it was so funny and how we just have to watch it with them and how they want to watch it again...and we just soak it in, drink it in...because we love them so much...we just can't get enough...

Well, I'm convinced that God feels that way about you...about me...

Of course, there's the part where He says, "Come, let US reason together..." Which means He wants to share His heart with us as well. He wants to be a part of this dialogue. So, we'll have to hush a minute or two and let the Almighty speak to us.

I don't know about you, but I get a thrill every time I "hear" His voice...every time I know without a doubt Who just spoke and heard every word He uttered to me. So then I have to ask myself...why won't I let Him get a word in edgewise?

It's like your kids, again, when they are running off at the mouth about something so critical, so important, and you literally have to cover their mouth with your hand gently in order to get their attention to share your well-earned wisdom.

So, today, on this beautiful spring day (at least, where I'm at:-)...what do you and God have to talk about today? Will you let Him have His say? Will you honestly and openly share your heart with Him?

There's nothing better...not even chatting with a friend over Starbucks...that rates high on my list...but I'll take a chat with my Father over it any day of the week.

Be blessed, and sit and visit with God today...enjoy His presence as He enjoys yours.

Deena

2 comments:

Nise' said...

Deena, thanks for the "Pit" info. I am going to check that out! I watch Wednesday's With Beth online, how could I miss that she has them available on Dvds? It must be another blond moment in my life! LOL. Another sista blogger gave me a cool website that has Christian cartoons that I am going to use on the bulletin. Have you checked it out? christiancartoons.com
Anyway, great post. I find myself so often praying on the run instead of taking time to "BE STILL" or listening on the run and not giving my total attention to what God may be saying to me. I agree, I am blown away everytime I know without a doubt He just spoke to me. It has always been my weakness to just be quiet and let Him speak and listen.

veronica said...

This is one of my very favorite verses. Yes, to the very fact that the Holy God of Heaven would even speak to us shows how wonderful His marvelous grace is. So.......we better listen and pay very close attention. I'm so glad for his simple, direct and broad invitation. I love the "Let us reason" which means that this is an incomplete, ongoing process as God continues to work in us (I learned this from a Bible study a couple of years ago and it so made an impact in my life) Thanks for sharing Deena.