»

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Defrag My Heart, Lord!

As a mom, a wife, an employee, a church member, a sister and a friend, I sometimes feel pulled in so many directions. It seems that someone somewhere always needs me for something, which is great, because it is wonderful to be needed, to have a sense of purpose.

But if I allow too much to pull on me, get too many things going at once...well, I can become like my computer hard drive.

We run a lot of programs, and sometimes we get so much going that our computer bogs down. As we run programs and pull up web pages, little pieces of everything we do gets left here and left there.

Eventually, it slows the system down and we begin getting error messages, the screen freezes up, or the computer just crashes. We found that it is very helpful and necessary to run our defragmenting program.

It swoops in and picks up the pieces, putting them back where they belong, or deleting them all together if they aren't necessary. But we hate running it, because for it to be most effective we have to let the computer set while it runs.

I've been pulled in so many directions lately, and had to do so much for so many people all at once...that I'm bogging down. I find my mind freezing up, and unable to process thoughts or remember things. And right now, I feel on the verge of crashing.

It's time to hold still and let God run His defragmenting program on me. To be reminded of His power in my life. To be reminded of the need for prayer, and not just in times of trouble. To be washed in His Word. To be still in His presence. To know He is God and I'm His child...not His mini-me...

But I don't want to do that. In order for God to clean me up, I must be still. I must be quiet. I must be patient in His presence...and there's just too much to do, too many demands, too much tugging at me.

It's a choice.

Run the defrag program regularly, and operate more smoothly on line.

Let God defrag me regularly, and operate more smoothly through life.

I'm feeling pretty fragmented lately. I need some down time in His presence. I'll catch you later...and I'll be in top form, once the Father has His way with me.

Be blessed, and be defragged (that's a new word...be careful how you use it!) in Jesus' name!!

Deena

0 comments: