»

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mom's Mondo-Mega Messiah Complex...

Is anybody out there like me?

Can I get a witness here?

Two of your kids are fighting...you have to step in, settle it, make them make nice, repent of all past transgressions, achieve world peace, and fix dinner by 6 pm.

Your teen and your husband are going at it over their laziness, lack of motivation, and lack of discipline (the teen's, not your husband's)...and you have to step into the ring, send them to their neutral corners, give each a pep talk/lecture, and ring the bell for the next round.

Your friend/co-worker/sister/ has a problem...and you have to quote the correct passage of Scripture, pray the right words to call down the power of Heaven, and give them the proper advice from a spiritual warrior.

Your budget is out of whack, so you have to chastise yourself for your excess spending, repent of your extravagant taste, and somehow balance out the finances...without letting anyone know you're struggling.

Maybe it's your weight, maybe it's your job, maybe it's your kids, maybe it's your marriage....there's an issue and you have to solve it, fix it, analyze it...and not let anyone know you have things in your life to deal with, because you have to be a pillar of strength and a tower of faith...

Am I the only one??

Please pray for me. I really, really struggle with this. It will destroy my health, hurt my relationships, and keep me from being fully effective for God. Plus, it's contagious...my kids are developing the same traits, and I don't want them battling this.

But I can't deliver them...God must do it. And I must get out of His way....

Be blessed, and just bless someone generously with your presence today...

Deena

3 comments:

Nise' said...

Deena, I am so there with you! The last couple of days devotion's were about not believing the lie that everyone has it together BUT me and to let those I deal with see my joy and not condemnation! Yikes! So often it is condemnation that comes out of my mouth! I want my mouth to speak blessing! Prov. 18:21

veronica said...

Count me in too! What a whirlwind life is. There are so many pressures that foster discouragement. Sometimes it's difficult to pray in faith when we just plain feel so ineffective. But we know we serve a God who is able to do wonders in the mist of all our discouraging situations (and He is). Thank you for sharing your heart Deena. 1 Peter 1:6 So be glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while.

Andrea said...

I was just browsing around and found this. Wow, this is so much the truth! Reminds me of the Beth Moore book I just read about deliverance. Thanks for the comment on my post! :)

Sending up a prayer for you to lean on God.