»

Friday, March 16, 2007

Yay! Today I'm **100**!!

No, not years....blogs!! Yup, I've reached the first major milestone of blogdom. In honor, I'm going to follow a tradition I've discovered along my blogging highway, and post...

100 Things About Me You Wanted to Know

But Were Afraid You'd Find Out


I'll take pity on you and list them in clumps...

1-10: I am a mother of six children, ages 27-13; A., S., E., V., K., and J. and I have homeschooled the youngest three, (V., K., and J.) and my baby is a boy of 13 (yikes!)

11-15: I graduated from high school in 1981, from college in 1984 (jr. college) and in 1986 (Cal State Chico)with a B.A. in English, and discovered I was pregnant with my 20 year old daughter the day I graduated.

16-20: I married my husband in 1985, and we celebrate 22 years of marriage in June. I'm going to be 43 years old not long after that, in July.

21-28: My husband is a pastor, and this is his second church to pastor. The first was in Ord Bend, California; the second is in Loma Rica, California. I gave birth to our last child right after he was ordained the first time. He was recently ordained as a Southern Baptist minister, and no, I'm not having a baby this time!

29-45: I work as a part-time church secretary and have had the same job for 9 years. In my lifetime, I've worked for the sheriff's department, the employment office, a gas station (where my husband was my boss--NOT fun!), as an English tutor, a cook and cashier for KFC, a cook and shift manager and clown at Pizza Hut (yes, I said clown--my name was Peppi-Roni), and now this. I've also sold Avon, Tupperware, and Beauty Control.


46-54: I love words and I love to read and write. Ninety percent of what I read is in the Christian market, but I also enjoy clean, cozy mysteries, such as "The Cat Who..." series. I have a bookblog where I post reviews of what I read. I've been told I have a gift for writing; in fact, if I had a quarter for every time I've heard "You need to write a book!" I'd be able to stay in Sonic Diet Cokes with Cherry/Vanilla flavoring all my life!!

55-60: I also have a twisted sense of humor; hence, my funblog where I just enjoy myself. I don't think normally...I can find humor just about anywhere, which is a blessing, and a curse (thanks for that line, Monk!).

61-70: I enjoy criminal dramas such as CSI (Original, Miami, and New York), The Closer, Monk, Criminal Minds, and Numbers.

71-79: I don't tell many people this, but I've written 5 full-length novels, all in a series. I stalled on number 6, but I may go back and finish it one day. I write mainly for fun, and to quiet the voices in my head...

(of the characters...what were you THINKING!!)

I haven't been published, and probably never will. I just can't take rejection...or acceptance...or fame...or fortune...or poverty and obscurity either!! Seriously, I'm too lazy to do the work, and I'm content reading other people's stuff!

80-85: I love Jesus with a passion that scares me at times, and wears me out other times. I wish I could do nothing but sit at His feet, but life distracts me so. I long for the day when all sin and all suffering is done away with, and nothing will divide my attention, and it will all be His. Till then, I'll keep being the ADHD Christian I feel like I am, praying one day to get it right.

86-91: Like most women, I'm crazy about Beth Moore and her teaching. Right now I'm watching a teaching series based on her newest book, "Get Out of That Pit!" on DVD with a sweet friend of mine, and I hope one day to lead a Beth Moore study at our church. I blogged in a book club about the Pit book, and I enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on the book--it was almost as good as a live discussion!

92-100: I started this blog as an extension of our women's fellowship, Wholly Devoted. We can only meet once a month, and I wanted to be able to encourage and "teach" our ladies during the weeks before our study. Of course, they teach me, sometimes more than I feel I can teach them, each time we meet. We are studying "Having A Mary Spirit" by Joanna Weaver, and we'd love anyone to join us, either by blog or in person. Of course, one blog was not enough, so I began my bookblog and my funblog, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I've met some incredible bloggers, and I encourage you to visit them (they are listed on my blogs). And today I've reached my 100th blog on Wholly Devoted!! WOO-HOO!! Thanks for hanging in there with me!!

Be blessed, and know you've have blessed me beyond measure!

Deena

1 comments:

Nise' said...

Congratulations on your 100th! I loved getting to know more about you through your 100 things!